What the WT requires for reinstatement

by sabastious 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's creepy that they require you to "study" for all meetings and show that you "underlined" to get reinstated.

Think about that for a second. Before they let you back in they make you prove that you have been at least partially re-indoctrinated.

I mean, in the end, what does "underlining" really prove? True repentance? Please, their system is just begging for people to cheat. Shows what means the most to the WT, and that's indoctrination.

-Sab

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Are you serious? They look at the Watchtowers and books? You must be joking! That is totally ridiculous. Has anyone you know personally submitted to this? This is treating you like a child! At my most sincere and zealous periods, I never underlined anything. It's crazy. What am I, so stupid that I can't remember the approved answer in a two inch paragraph? God!!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

GJ, my older brother was DF'ed and reinstated 3 times. Each time he had to show the elders, at every meeting, that he underlined his books/mags.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

Legalistic groups always go by externals that they can measure, like how many hours you report on a card and on what you underline at meetings.

• safireblu64
    safireblu64

Can someone please tell me if disfellowshipping is the same as disassociation? I am trying to get my reinstatement back but only so I can have my family back.....my story has been posted so I will not rehash verbatum but basically am I just running in circles with regards to getting reinstated and then disassociating myself? Are the reprocussions the same???

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Unbelieveable! (I don't mean that I don't believe you, I mean it's blowing my mind!) This is demeaning. Totally demeaning. How did they tell him that? Just out and give instructions at the time? Do they meet with you before you begin attending meetings and tell you this and when to come and when to leave and just what to do? I notice that disfellowshipped ones always arrive during the song and disappear so quickly that if you aren't sitting in the back row where you can see them, you would never know they were there. Is this some kind of instruction? I had a family member disfellowshipped, and she never mentioned that she had to do this. (I don't even know why the brothers DF'd her, it was ridiculous) Is this some weird deal that goes on in some halls? Do you live in the US? I am just so blown away by this information.

• blondie
    blondie

Every congregation sets its own rules...some less restrictive than others.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

GrandmaJones:

Are you serious? They look at the Watchtowers and books? You must be joking!

From personal experience (DF'd twice) I'm serious. They do look at Watchtowers and books. I am not joking.

The only thing I learned by being DF'd is how to work the WTS system and learning how disgusting the organization is. Bad on me for getting reinstated the second time because a dear family member died and let myself crumble under the love-bombing I received.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Can someone please tell me if disfellowshipping is the same as disassociation?

The result is the same. Although I think it takes longer to prove repentance to come back from a disassociation than disfellowshipping in most cases. Disfellowshipping is because of unrepentant sin, disassociation is a rejection of God's one and only organization.

• safireblu64
    safireblu64

and by the way, it is true....they look over your shoulder and have others checking to make sure you studied and are paying attention at the meetings. It's like grade school/elementary....with the teacher making sure you did your homework. Meanwhile, that says nothing about what is in my heart and in my mind because I could have easily had someone else do the homework for me......hence the underlining of the publications that are being studied. I could have mindlessly underlined what LOOKS to be right, just for the sake of shutting up those who dare question and pass judgment as they look on. Mind you, I do write in my studies...I write what I agree with and what I don't. Half of what I write is my own thoughts. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as it looks like I am being indoctrinated...no matter how cosmetic that may be. And truthfully, that is all that the WTBS is concerned about...is cosmetic appearances. LOOKING like they are the picture perfect personification of "truth" when in actuality, they are the very personification of slandering and opposing that there is. Darn I say it, they are up there with the Catholics. I am surprised that they haven't indoctrinated the 12 stations of the 12 diciples!!! But who knows, another twist and a yank there of the scriptures and they just might come up with that one. Shesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit