out of control

by scary21 21 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome to the forum

Great that you got out at an early age.

I was 16 in 1975, and could see that it wasn't going to happen, but took me to 2002 to finally pay my last visit to the KH.

Kevin

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Welcome! I'm glad the big A didnt come in '75 too! I wouldn't have been born two years later!

• scary21
    scary21
    Most of you guys are to young to remember 1975. Finally, you were 16 did you think you would make it into the new system. 1975 scared me sh.........., hanging over my head. Why go to school might as well have a good time . No one knew I thought I'd be dead at 21.(except my sis)
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Scary21!

I was 12 in 1975 and me and my school chums all said mock goodbyes to each other when the JWs announced on the radio that Armageddon would be here in October.

Unfortunately for me, my life was being overshadowed at the time with the illness and death of my maternal grandmother.

But in 1982, when my Mom tried to play the "You don't need to go to College because Armageddon will be here soon" card, I pointed out to her that it was supposed to be here like 7 years ago and that in order for me to get a good job at a good company (her words) I'd need to get a post-secondary school education.

The WTS lied to me when I was a kid. And they continue to lie to people today. Why would I want to listen to anything they say? They broke any trust that could have existed between me and them.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to your posts!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome!! Glad you joined us. I was out preaching the end was coming in 1975.( I am 83 now)
    When it didn't come I thought Jehovah was just waiting till my family came in the ARK!!!! LOL
    Well they gave me the boot of fellowship when I confessed I didn't believe Jesus came in 1914
    Have sent THANK YOU notes to Bethel telling them THAT WAS THE KINDEST THING THEY EVER DID
    By kicking my arse out of there

Mouthy

• jam
    jam

"Mouthy" always enjoy your post. Are you sure you are 83yrs.old. Unbelievably , your wit

and your knowledge very sharp. At 63 of age I thought I was one of the oldest ones here.

Out of control welcome and heed the vast knowledge and wisdom from former members

of this cult.

• jam
    jam

sorry, WELCOME SCARY 21

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride
    Most of you guys are to young to remember 1975. Finally, you were 16 did you think you would make it into the new system. 1975 scared me sh.........., hanging over my head. Why go to school might as well have a good time . No one knew I thought I'd be dead at 21.(except my sis)

The further we got into 1975 I realised it was not going to happen, as the great tribulation had not started or even shown any sign of starting. I was not baptised at the time & really didn't fear that I wasn't going to get in. Even as a young child I had serious doubts about the jws & often asked myself, who the hell do they think they are? mostly over the "we are the only representatives of Jehovah on earth" sort of statements.

I did leave school that year, not bcoz of 'coming armageddon' but bcoz I was bored and not going anywhere with my studies.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome...glad you've started posting...keep going....

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit