So did Barr die or not

by therevealer 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JRK
    JRK

He is kicking up daisies at "the launching pad."

JK

• Poztate
    Poztate

Nope Never happened... Jesus just zapped him right up to heaven where "they" are as we speak having a Latte together and discussing when to crank up Armageddon™

Just to clarify this is not the start of his "thousand year reign"™ with JC. He is only in the "holding tank" of future rulers

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When my family was active in the Witnesses, we had overseers. The KHs where I went had trouble having one man with some sense of responsibility who could read. My uncle was paid cash by the Witnesses to take over a particularly troubled KH in NJ. He hated it and felt bad about receiving money when the Witnesses preach a lay ministry. I can't begin to imagine a board of elders in action. Maybe for a more affluent, better educated suburban KH but not for the ghetto ones I attended. How did this change take place? I don't mean the edict. Obviously, enough Witnesses had to feel a change was needed for it to occurr.

Mmy great-great-grandfather, grandfather and great uncles were active in Russell's time. It was loosely organized. Kingdom books were recommended as Christmas gifts. My remnant great grandfather had a couple of common law wives. Since we lived in NJ, this meant he was merely shacked up. But adultery is a major sin according to Jesus. Very confusing for a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit