Have you gotten your 2011 JW Calendar yet? (Bethel lurkers please read)

by Open mind 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ Finally Free.

Hey, maybe they could show JW parent's being extra creative on Family Worship Night (FWN) by making an igloo or fort out of all the old mags they've got stacked up in the closet.

om

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My wife doesn't even post a JW calendar. When we did, we would constantly refer to some other calendar. SO after the memorial, we would find the JW calendar not even flipped to the correct month and we would wind up turning a couple of pages on it. They should just abandon this thing and put a sheet in the December OKM to "mark the following on your worldly calendar" with another reminder in January for their precious convention dates.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Does anyone actually use printed calendar's anymore?

I do. The City of Toronto distributes a calendar which lets us know which days we put out our garbage and recycling. It's also got some other handy info in it.

I don't use my calendar in Outlook. I'm tired of closing the reminder boxes.

W

• Open mind
    Open mind

Doubting Bro:

"Does anyone actually use printed calendar's anymore?"

We still find a printed calendar useful for shared family plans.

It doesn't get viruses and the hard drive doesn't crash.

The JW Calendar, of course, DOES have viruses on every page, so it's just hanging up inside a cabinet for the occasional nosy JW relative to see, but we never actually use it.

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey otwo, careful with those practical ideas.

Bethel lurkers might actually be reading this and save the Org some $$ next year.

; )

om

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I used to get the JW calendars, the first thing I did was take it to my desk and mark down all the "worldly" holidays. It helped me ensure that I didn't accidently get up at 5 AM on Labour Day and go out to clean windows. (yes, it happened once)

W

• Heaven
    Heaven

I have to have a large calendar on the fridge to pencil in all the activities for the month. The JW calendar doesn't cut it. This is the one I use:

Fridge Calendar Page

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Uhhh, they have those weekdays and months named after pagan gods I bet!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i recall the calendars being so small as to be useless
    for actual notations (appointments, events, etc)

except maybe keeping track of FS hours....

which i was too dumb to even FAKE!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Does anyone actually use printed calendar's anymore?

I have to use one for Dr visits,mark off what day has just gone by!
    when the cleaning lady is coming,otherwise I would be more in limbo
    than I am now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit