Have you gotten your 2011 JW Calendar yet? (Bethel lurkers please read)

by Open mind 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

We picked ours up recently and guess what moronic feature is STILL included?

Hint: It is demeaning to JWs because it implies that they are COMPLETELY brain dead.

Any guesses?

om

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

magazine day every sat??

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

BTW - I didn't even order one until Sunday. I don't want it but I figure every little piece of literature I order without putting in a contribution is a few cents I pull from their billion dollar coffers. I realize its petty and lame but makes me feel slightly better!!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I realize its petty and lame but makes me feel slightly better!!

More power to ya bro!

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    We picked ours up recently and guess what moronic feature is STILL included?

The suspense is killing me. Please tell.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

It's all about Family Worship Day/Night. And how different types of families have to set aside a day for it. More emphasis on this after one meeting being merged with the thursd. one.

• Open mind
    Open mind

doubting bro nailed it:

"magazine day every sat??"

Dear Watchtower, when are you going to drop this ridiculous "feature" from the calendar?

If "Magazine Day" (tm) was, for instance, the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month, it might make sense to include that on the calendar. But when you just see a running repeat EVERY Saturday, how dumb is that?

The JW Calendar does serve three useful purposes for the Organization IMO:

1. Gives the weekly Bible reading.

2. Gives the date for the Memorial.

3. Gives the F&DS one more shot at indoctrinating the members with whatever message they choose to include for that month.

But beyond that, EVERY JW I KNOW has to also have a "Worldly" calendar so they know the dates of the Holidays. Yes, dubbies need to know the Holiday dates too.

om

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Any guesses?

Pictures of JWs pretending to "preach" while they're really just trying to offload unwanted magazines? Hell, most of the time they can't even give them away. Maybe every second month of the calendar should have a picture of JWs stacking up magazines in laundromats, or leaving some on subways.

W

• Open mind
    Open mind

(Just saw Nobleheart's post.)

Yep. Family Worship Night (tm) is the indoctrination message for the WHOLE YEAR.

I guess the R&F must be slacking pretty bad for them to devote the whole calendar to that one message.

om

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

woo hoo!!! What did I win????

Honestly, I don't even know why they bother producing a calander each year. I don't have either a JW or secular calendar hanging anywhere because my schedule is on my smartphone for personal stuff and in Outlook for work. Does anyone actually use printed calendar's anymore?

Those things are probably more expensive to produce than your average rag. I can't imagine the profit margin is very good on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit