You want THE TRUTH? You can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

by Terry 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Truth doesn't change.

An elder told me "there are different levels to truth". No sir, there is true and then there is false. If it's not true, it must be false.

• Terry
    Terry

I always answer by saying:

"In a courtroom, any person presenting themselves as a WITNESS to Truth must stand before the jury and swear NOT JUST TO TELL THE TRUTH....

but, something much more inclusive: To tell the Truth...the WHOLE Truth....and NOTHING BUT the Truth...so help you God!"

The Watchtower's theory of The Truth is something very flimsy, incomplete and fragile which constantly needs change, revision, rephrasing as well as total amnesia about what was PREVIOUSLY stated to be True!

This is not the WHOLE Truth, but rather a crackpt version which is more propaganda and opinion than fact.

You could stack their "Food at the Proper Time" as high on a table as you like and none of it would be acceptable by current Watchtower Governing Body members as worth teaching!

Should this be the standard of Truth attributed to the Supreme Being as uncorrupt?

"Forget what we use to tell you was True; we just changed it and NOW it is true (unless we change it again.)"

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Nice work, Terry. I'll be watching where this one goes.

Just to warn you, though, you could be openning a can of worms. See http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202623/1/Are-you-In-the-Truth

• tec
    tec

Truth does not change. I think that only our perceptions and thoughts of it change.

Tammy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that can be certain is JWS are forced to describe the organization ( WTS ) as " The Truth " the one and only, there is no personal or individual evaluation allowed

or they will punish vocal dissenters.

The WTS has very much in its place a pyramid of power where starting from the top right down through to the very bottom all controlling executives have a proportionate

amount of the structured power.

Most religions like this have a built-in protection policy to deal with individuals who question the viability of the leaders

doctrines or expressed laws, squelching any opposition to the hierarchy.

Its really a man made kingdom controlled by men for men, god has nothing to do with this publishing corporation.

• tec
    tec

I do agree however that most people cannot handle the truth. We have to be extremely prepared to face things that we would not like about ourselves, because we all tend to hide those things even from ourselves. Especially from ourselves, I suppose.

Tammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Terry!!! remember them all

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. is prime example on how a religious organization can be so coercive, manipulative and exploitive not only to individuals

but exploitive to the freedom of the opportunity to establish their organization in the first place.

As a helping hand the inter-net is revealing the truth about this organization in its operations and development

which is good for all concerned.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Terry you have put a lot of thought into this bold approach to the subject of truth and it brings back bitter-sweet memories.

Truth is absolute but as humans we exist at a subjective level. This is because we are emotional creatures and seek comfort and security. The real world cannot offer these things in a sustainable way because we run out of time and die. So people have a tendency to create a more acceptable 'spiritual' world in their imagination. This is understandable.

Reality is harsh and most people seek a more benign alternative, an invisible friend. It's a survival technique that can even appears to offer the opportunity or surviving death. The illusion has failed to work for me and many others. I can handle the truth - but living without the illusion that there no one is guiding our lives, was not my choice.

I have other illusions that I maintain because I too need a relief from the relentless onslaught of reality. I do not believe there is a Holy grail or ultimate salvation. To those often sweet people on this forum who believe there is, I salute you.

Each to their own and may your gods or illusions go with you - it's cold outside

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit