How families were broken up by wife’s becoming JW’s back in the 50’s

by life is to short 29 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Granny, look how many people love you - if you were "just sitting" that wouldn't have happened.

• I quit!
    I quit!

LTS you discribed what I have observed over the years. Families broken up when the husband or wife becomes a JW. If the husband's stick around even if they don't become witnesses they become somewhat isolated from having a normal life because of their JW wives. I'm sure the effect it similar for women whose husbands become JWs. In the case of my father-in-law he never became a JW but his wife and all three of his daughters did. What is really sad is that the damage that has resulted because of this is so very obvious yet none of them can see that most of the problems are a result of one person in the family accepting a so called Bible study with the Witnesses. And we've got it all. Mental illness, suicide, poverty due to a lack of education and growing up to be disfuctional adults. You might not be able to blame it a on the WT but there certainly is a pattern there.

Mouthy don't you do a lot of good here so don't beat yourself up over the past. You give me hope that there is still a chance that my family members may at some time wake up and escape. If that happens they will need people like you to talk to.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Be assured, that has not changed over the last six decades. To any lurkers out there considering marriage to a Witness: "Run, Forrest, Run!"

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Run, Forrest, Run!"

LOL @ GLtirebiter

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are countless Broken Familys due to the WBT$..

I count very few familys that survived..None in my JW family..

They are all broken..

Watchtower World is a Grave Yard of Broken Familys..

"Welcome to Watchtower World..

Bring the Whole Family!"..

http://nxphoto.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/grave-yard.jpg?w=450&h=300

......................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Outlaw, that sure would make a profound statement on a billboard

" Watchtower World is a Grave Yard of Broken Familys.."

http://nxphoto.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/grave-yard.jpg?w=450&h=300

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey WasBlind..

I always get a laugh..

When I see WBT$ Literature,about how to have a Happy Family..

"Devote your Life and provide Free Labor to the WBT$"..

"And"..

"You will have a Happy Family"..

??????..

The WBT$ likes everyone to work for Free..

Including Children..

http://www.edupics.com/child-coal-miners-1910-t7724.jpg

......................... ...OUTLAW

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

They had me cut off my family too. I never went to anything christmas with them. They tried to tell me that it wasn't really Christmas but a family get together but I refused. I didn't want to upset Jah....

I am starting to dislike this religion very much.

• carla
    carla

As a ubm I can completely relate to this story.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for the kind comments about me. But it is hard to look back & realize how many lives I ruined
    I do read the scripture words Jesus was supposed to have said" No one who puts his hand to the plow & looks back is fit for the service of GOD"
    But believe me it is a fact that in old age
    we tend to remember more things back then,than we do in the minute .I cant remember what i did
    1/2 an hour ago--yet my mind is filled ( especially when I am trying to sleep)with the woman I made a JW

who left her hubby because he wanted to celebrate her birthday,Or the one I convinced we were going to
    live for ever on a paradise earth.
    Or my sister-in-law I convinced I had the truth.who died believing I was now a servant of the Devil
    So MY advice to all just leaving now is TRY HARD!!!! to forget what you did as a member
    of that CULT!!!!! Try to get away from any who preaches it. IT DESTROYS!!!!!!!
    I now believe that the GOD I speak to now .....died for ALL!!!!! & Has forgiven me for my ignorance ,just
    wish I could forgive myself.

Mouthy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit