When was the last 7-Day Convention held?

by VM44 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

I realize these reminisces are a bit off topic. But another thing that the wife and I were remembering just the other day. And this goes to their hypocrisy with so many things like this example of creature worship. The assembly for us was in Seattle, by choice not assignment (You know traveling to a different city because that had to be your holiday as well as your assembly). Anyway they had a talk that was transmitted to a number of assembly as a phone hook-up?. We can't remember the name of the speaker but he must have been near death at the time. His croaking voice was basically unintelligible. We are surmising he must have been a gb member but can't remember the name. The thing we realize now is that he must have wanted to mumble out a life saving message that no one else could deliver but him. True humility to subject thousands of attendees to this garble to pet your ego.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

1969 we went to Kansas City and stayed in a tent in a converted farm. I remember man landed on the moon one night.

• blondie
    blondie

*** yb70 p. 35 1970 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***It certainly was Jehovah’s will that this international assembly be held July 6-13, 1969, in Buffalo, New York, and Atlanta, Georgia, two cities in the eastern part of the United States. These were both eight-day assemblies from Sunday to Sunday. In addition, an even larger assembly was held for seven days in New York city, starting on Monday, July 7, and then these three conventions ran simultaneously.

• JRK
    JRK

1969 International Convention. 8 days.

JK

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Last 7day convention I recall was in July , 1969. Our family attended at Yankee Stadium. I hated being there because I was a stauch Met fan and despised the Yankees. So I remember asking my father if next time it can be held a Shea stadium. lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

I remember it well. It was in vancouver. There was an exhibition right nect to the stadium. We would go over there for rides. Also, i had a crush on a cute jw girl. We would go off and sit together, somewhere. Those made it a lot more interesting for me.

S

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

1969...... my sister was a toddler and Mom had her on a leash ! We either went to St Louis or Chicago ,it all runs together now . I remember Mom getting fed up by the last few days ,and she would leave the sessions early so us kids could go back to the hotel and swim . My Mom went to these LONG ass conventions my herself with four kids .(Dad was never a JW) Dad would give her heck for weeks before saying he wouldn't let her have the car ,but in the end he would always let her go and made sure she had plenty of money too .

Sometimes we would go south to attend with my Mom's sister and husband . They always worked food service when there was full meals served on long tables . Those conventions were ususally in Little Rock , Arkansas.

It was such a relief when they were shortened down to four days by the time I got married . Then after we had kids from four to three .

• therevealer
    therevealer

NewYork44M - Man landed on the moon one night. Was that the first ever jw drama. Never new they had them way back then.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    1969...... my sister was a toddler and Mom had her on a leash.

That brings back a memory. My son was two years old, and I also had a leash. Without it, I would have lost him for sure. He had a way of slipping away. He loved the leash when he was home, but hated it at the assembly. Thankfully, he hates assemblies to this day.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was at the same one as Satanus..

Where he was getting all Smootchy with his Girl Friend..

...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit