What Don't You Like About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Examine your religion - but if you are a JW and examine it we will disfellowship you.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

They are always tooting their own horn when they don't really have anything to toot about! No one likes a braggart!

Ya, I know, I'm still an active 'jw' (in name only). I don't brag about anything related to the organization. They lost my vote. I'm in it for the family.

• minimus
    minimus

JWGB, I understand.

• Terry
    Terry

I can tell you what I didn't like about myself as a Jehovah's Witness.

I stopped trying to be a better person. I stopped planning for my future. I stopped caring if I had a career instead of job.

I stopped listening and merely waited my turn to speak.

I didn't see women as equal in personhood.

I don't think life was much of anything but a waiting room for me.

The longer I waited the more empty life was and the deeper the cynicism became.

I didn't see other christians as fellow believers. They were ignorant dupes and enemies who deserved ultimate extinction.

I regarded the bible as a weapon to be wielded without mercy.

I was strict with my children without empathy for their frailty.

I challenged my wife to keep the house clean and food on the table when I was hungry.

In other words, I was an unmitigated asshole megalomaniac with no redeeming social graces.

After being disfellowshipped I experienced a genuine comeuppance. My ego deflated and the bottom fell out for awhile.

It was necessary to rebuild who and what I was from the ground up.

I realized what a big nothing all that head knowledge of scripture and chronology amounted to and what a waste my youth years as a JW had been.

I became deeply ashamed for my treatment of others and especially women and my children.

I believe most women are superior in character and intelligence to myself.

I see children as the most wonderful treasure a human can have. I see faith and belief as the hearth of the heart for most people.

I try to respect the sincerety of belief as indication of the values operating in the person who wants to do the right thing.

But, I'm also driven to waken the sleepers from their deadly slumber and warn how pleasant poison is poison still.

Other JW's that I still know seem to make me very sad because they are so out of reach and I am nothing to them but a pile of steaming poop they avoid putting their foot upon.

I think of those old Western Towns that are sets for movies that look so genuine from the front for the camera's sake.....but, if you manage to go around to the back and see the OTHER side....they are just cardboard and wood two by fours with nothing at all inside.

That's the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.....in my view of things.

• tiffy12
    tiffy12

They have no heart. Stone cold people.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Their inconsistencies in their teachings.

Each congregation has a little different interpretation of basic teachings.

One of the teachings I thought was their own slight of hand trick was the OK of the use of a autologous machine.

Now the blood isn't supposed to leave the body with the machine the way they see it ...it actually goes through a tube but never is supposed to touch the air so it is OK?
    They even talked about how your consciense would be clear if an accident happened and the tube came loose..
    Aren't they twisting things around to suit their purpose?

I looked at Wiki about the JW ban of certain blood products and procedures..it is just laughable..

I had to go through all that when hubby was sick..it amazed me how little the JW's knew about their own practice of no blood. I had to do most of the research myself. I even had to track down a KH that actually had some copies of the POA forms he needed. Wouldn't you think all the KH's would have a supply of them?

Idiots!

• mamalove
    mamalove

The judgmental nature of most is a huge turn off to me. The extreme gossip. The blatent label of Truth, where most JW's might deep down know there are at least a few whackadoo teachings if not a whole bunch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit