What Don't You Like About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Their lack of brains.They are robots prog'd by geebees.

B

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'd have to preface this with what I didn't like about myself as a JW

I had to pretend to be happy even when I was dying inside.

I had to pretend I had all the answers to life's problems when the answers I had helped no one

I had to pretend I had the perfect JW family when it was filled with abuse and fear

I had to pretend that the only people who really counted were other JW when other people count too

I had to pretend that shunning family members who no longer went to meetings was done out of love when all I could see is that it drove them further away (although now I see that was a good thing)

It is hard for me to sit here and say how bad JWs are now when I was just the same as any one of them and if I was one now I would still be playing the game. If I am going to point fingers at present JWs I have to remember there are 3 fingers pointing back at me because I did the same things

• agonus
    agonus

The only thing about Jehovah's Witnesses I don't like is The Watchtower.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

They steal peoples lives

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't blame the people.. but as a cult I hate that they look down on others when they are far from perfect, and if they were perfect they would love others not judge! just the 1st thought that came out

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Their religion.

• sherry123
    sherry123

The twofacedness

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, all the hoops you had to jump through for sex. It seems that 98% of their preoccupation is about sex. They have rules that are designed to make people afraid of the opposite sex, just because they "might do fornication".

Next, the houndings. Take my time spent decorating for Christmas. In November, I spent around 15 or so hours. In December, it is closer to 1 hour. Most of the November work remains done, and I rigged up some of the garlands so I will be able to save time next year because the lights will be pre-lit (I did that with clips) the way the pros do it. If I were to try that with field circus, Brother Hounder would wonder why the big drop. You did 15 hours last month, why only one hour this month?

And, the work is never finished. You can't even successfully reduce the amount left. You complete a territory, work the not at homes to death, then you turn in the territory and destroy the not at homes. At which point, they hand out the territory as fresh--needing to be worked in its entirity again! Nothing to show for it, either. At least, when you work at a project, you have something to show for it--even if the project never finishes, you continually work at making it better and better. Not so in field circus.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't like cults!

• minimus
    minimus

Most comments are about the fact that JWs really are hypocritical. They are condescending and think they are better than anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit