Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 Winter Tires

by Simon 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

It's so cute when a new, 'prairie provinces', Canadian posts stuff like this: "Normally we're in the -10 to -20 range which is about the same cold feeling as -5 in the damper UK." awww...give it a few more years with your block heater Simon...then you'll be wishing you'd settled in the east! ;)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    So could one leave the Winter tires on all year? What would be the drawback, lessened gas mileage? And also someone mentioned they can be noisy on the pavement...

As someone else mentioned, the compound in winter tires is designed to stay softer in cold weather (so it can provide better traction). It would become very soft in the summer (depending on temperature) and wear out very quickly. In addition you may be putting your safety at risk. Don't do it. Likewise, running summer tires in the winter is quite dangerous.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for your replies, Sir Simon and DrWtsn!

• femi94ce
    femi94ce

Thanks Simon for your response. I don't think I will order rims I am not certain how many more winters I will be here, but this is extremely helpful information. I hope you enjoy your winter out west. We got 36" of snow in 72 hours here - lake-effect in the lee of Lake Huron. I need to get these put on but pronto.

LAFF

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have on goodyear nordics, that i leave on yearround. They are good winter performers, yet can handle the summers. too. Not much noise.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit