Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 Winter Tires

by Simon 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    NN asked: Are you allowed to use studded tires in Canada?

I believe that every province (except here in Southern Ontario where it's the most densely populated area in the country) can have studded tires. The idiots that run the province decided years ago that we're not allowed to have them here. No. It's much better that you slide all over when you hit black ice rather than have studs on the tires.

Glad you got some good tires Simon. I remember my first winter in Calgary. It was -45 for over a month straight.

• moshe
    moshe

I had a little Chevy Aveo with those winter tires that I drove 30 miles to my plant in Indiana's winter snow and ice.. I noticed a lot of Jeep Cherokees sliding and skidding on all season tires. I could stop a lot faster than they could, too- 4wd doesn't help much in the braking department, if your tires are mediocre.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I love my snow tires!! I have Cooper tires. Although my car is not a new one and it looks like crap I still have a set of snow tires and rims for it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I need to tires for my wheelchair. All 6 wheels (2 small in the frint - 2 large underneath me and 2 more small in the back) are bald so I am not going anywhere until I get my new tires. sigh

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey outlaw
    Are the chains still made of steel, or plastic, now? If so, which do you recommend?.....S

Satanus..

Hey Bud!..

I`ve seen the plastic ones..I don`t trust them..

The ones at Canadian Tire are made of Steel cable..Although some locations offer the Plastic ones also..

When your in really icey conditions and not even snow tires will help..Those steel cables will get you out of a nasty situation in a heartbeat..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Lee, how do you take care of maintenance like that?

Are there shops that specialize in maintaining medical equipment, or are you expected to change the tires yourself?

Where do you get the tires?

How much variety is there?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here on the South East coast (UK) we had nearly 12 inches by this morning which is very unusual indeed. Needless to say everything had ground to a halt with just a few buses running with chains fitted.

I used to run a Land Rover which was fine in the snow except for the fact that as soon as a bit of snow falls the roads get blocked by saloon cars or the police close the roads to prevent accidents.

Now I am retired I find the best way to deal with snow is to make a cuppa and take it back to bed.......

George

• Satanus
    Satanus

Outlaw

Cables, okay. Back in the day, when i drove w all season tires through the rockies to sky the different hills, it was actual chains.

S

• Prefect
    Prefect

Simon

Accordian Buses.?????

Do you not mean Bendy Buses?

Here in Wales just a sprinkling of snow and the buses come off the road.

Health & Safety. Cannot risk having a mishap.

Prefect

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Prefect asked, "Accordian Buses.????? Do you not mean Bendy Buses?"

No, in Canada, Cultural Directive 1968-F*-a114 directs that "all citizens of Canada are entitled to be serenaded by accordions whilst in transit."

Usually the accordionist will simply play "Oh, Canada" over and over, but some more experienced cultural athletes are familiar with some of Lawrence Whelk's most popular tunes.

In especially treacherous conditions they are often called to serve as supplementary traction devices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit