Who Have They Sold Redundant KH's Too?

by Celtic 15 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

The Assembly Hall in Indianapolis, IN, used to be a Baptist Temple.

A KH in Sumter, SC was sold to a local church in that town. Again, the cross is unmistakable.

Btw, my husband & I own (really the bank does) our old KH near Columbia, SC. We have a store in it.

I always thought it was odd to buy an old church to put Assembly Hall in. I would have thought the WTBTS would have been afraid of all those demons.

I also thought it was odd to sell a KH to a member of Babylon the Great. Wouldn't that be help promoting false religion?

That was when I was a 30 year jw. Now I realize it's just business & money. Demons & The Truth have nothing to do with it.

waiting

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey Metatron!

Heard you mention Utica :) My hubby worked at Utica College for years. I was born and raised in Rome and went to school in Camden!

Small world!

PS: Rome South sold their KH to another church when they got their new one.

bw

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• more2C
    more2C

Metatron & BW, small world indeed. I went to the Highland and Riverside congregations, in Utica.

My dad's KH now has to share the hall with a dance school. They have to rearrange the furniture before and after the meetings.

more2C

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

The Kingdom Hall in Connersville, Indiana was a Holiness church when last I visited there. I don't know if it was sold directly to the Holiness people or if it changed hands in between.

Here in Bloomington, Indiana, the old Kingdom Hall became a plastic surgery clinic.

Ginny

• LB
    LB

In Gold Hill they sold a kingdom hall to a man that turned it into a metal detector shop. I like metal detectors, could use a new one even, but, I still can't bring myself to shop there.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• metatron
    metatron

Utica -wise, I wondered why they scheduled a Witness meeting
    in the local Ramada Inn??? Any explanation?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit