Brief Drama Parody: Do Not Let Your Eye Become Wicked

by sd-7 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, I haven't been to a drama in over 20 years, and that was pitch perfect!

• superpunk
    superpunk

From now on, I'm going to do things Jehovah's way [raises volume of her voice] and NOT LET MY EYE BECOME WICKED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKsfL1q91hM

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh my goodness! That was brilliant! I thought it was true...LOL!

I was taken back to my youth watching dramas like this.

Peace

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

sd-7....Was that meant to be an exageration? It is exactly the kind of thing that would be presented as a "warning example"

• sd-7
    sd-7

Yeah, although this is a parody, the sad thing is, it's dead-on as far as accuracy. They probably wouldn't actually quote the TV characters in a drama, I suppose. But the lines are so much like all the dramas I've seen. Caricatures of the outside world and certain doom for those who don't follow the rules. There are no decent people who are not JWs, etc., etc.

I think it was in the '09 drama that they had a kid who was falsely accused of driving drunk, who I guess did actually get drunk and all. It was supposed to be a modern-day prodigal son. They managed to completely skip over his judicial committee at the end. It would've made more sense for them to actually show him in a DF'd state, but perhaps it was uncomfortable to let a JW audience feel too much sympathy for a DF'd person. Not that most of them would. Probably better to have him put on reproof or something.

Well...this was enjoyable, I'll say that.

-sd-7

• factfinder
    factfinder

Very good job sd-7! and your comment that "there are no decent people who are not JW's" is what my brother believes.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Bravo! Encore!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Extremely well written SD-7 very accurate.

I remember when we had the 'modern' dramas at the DC and I always thought how cheesy, do people really speak like that?

3Mozzies

• sd-7
    sd-7

Good point, 3Mozzies. People in the dramas usually talk like they're either in the New World Translation or a Watchtower article. They don't seem to talk like actual humans for some reason.

Or in drama-speak:

"You have spoken well, my brother. Those WITNESSES! They speak with tongues like the speechless ones trying to crying out! Why should we listen to their message? They've been wrong SO MANY TIMES!"

-sd-7

• fatimaportalgul1917
    fatimaportalgul1917

I kniw I'm about 8 years late sorry but here is the picture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit