Brief Drama Parody: Do Not Let Your Eye Become Wicked

by sd-7 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

[Drama introduction music]

[Brothers move out podium, replace it with a couch, love seat, and a television on a bench. Two teenage girls, who can best be described as jailbait for worldly people, watch an objectionable program together.]

TV [seductive female voice]: Next on "Vein Love..."

Jason: How I love you, Jezebelle...If only I could give up my cravings for blood....we could be together....but then...I would become human....vulnerable...

Jezebelle: Never fear, Jason, for I've asked the demon gods to make me into a fairy, so that we can be together...always!

[Romantic music; Edmond walks in]

Edmond: Jezebelle! [Baring vampire teeth] What is this? You're with him?? [Takes off shirt to reveal chiseled body] Well, guess that means I'm gonna have to show you who sucks best...

Jailbait JW#1: Oooooh! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Jailbait #2: Mmmm...that Edmond is sooo tasty! He can suck any part of me, anytime he wants!

Elder Dad: Hi girls. What are you watching? [Looks at TV] What is this???

Jailbait #1: Oh, it's nothing, Dad, just..."Vein Love".

Elder Dad: "Vein Love"? What's it about? These people look...I don't know...almost demonic.

Jailbait #2: Daaad! It's just a TV show! It's a love story!

Elder Dad: Are those....vampire teeth? That looks like the occult! I'm sorry, girls, I'm going to have to turn this off. It's not appropriate for you to be watching.

Both Jailbaits [in unison]: Awww!! Right at the good part!

Elder Dad [sitting down]: Lisa, Jennifer...can we talk for a moment?

Jennifer [the cuter one, fits into a spaghetti strap dress quite nicely, you've seen her at the conventions, brunette, blue eyes, hot as fire?]: Sure, Dad. What's up?

Elder Dad: I think we should have a talk about what kind of entertainment you're choosing.

Lisa [also pretty hot, raven-hair, brown eyes...surrounded by fringe male publishers who will be getting DF'd within the next year or so]: Dad, we know what we're doing. We're old enough to make decisions for ourselves now.

Jennifer: Yeah! It's just TV. It's not like we're actually doing anything wrong.

Elder Dad: That may be true, girls, but perhaps you've forgotten how Jehovah feels about the occult. Now, now--hear me out. Do you think God approves of people who drink the blood of others?

Lisa: No, Dad, but...most of the time, they don't do that! Jason is trying NOT to be a vampire!

[Cue audience laughter]

Elder Dad: Do you see how far gone your reasoning is? Imagine if the first century Christians reasoned that way about spiritism. Let me share with you a scriptural account of how loyal servants of Jehovah showed their love for him by not letting their eyes become wicked...

[Insert first century account of Christians burning books about spiritism, plus 'worldly' Christian who tries to lure others into attending the gladiator games, then they are discovered as Christians and thrown into the arena to die with their faithful Christian brothers. Moral of story? You'll probably be killed at the theater today if you go to see Twilight--or at home, if you watch True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, etc.]

Jennifer: Wow, Dad. You really helped me to see the need to change my viewpoint. From now on, I'm going to do things Jehovah's way [raises volume of her voice] and NOT LET MY EYE BECOME WICKED!

Lisa: Me, too! Let's get a snack and then study this week's Bible reading!

[Applause]

• sd-7
    sd-7

Since no one else has yet commented, I'm afraid I'll have to put on my Samuel Herd voice and give the concluding remarks:

"As this wicked world continues to sink to deeper and deeper levels of depravity, true Christians stand a stark contrast as illuminators in this system of things. Jehovah's Witnesses categorically reject the demonic, twisted, immoral entertainment of this world! We thus prove ourselves loyal to Jehovah and the direction he gives us through his "faithful and discreet slave". Entertainment of today is often drenched in violent bloodshed, sexual immorality, and demonic, occult practices. We are wise to shun such filth and instead form a longing for God's Word and the wealth of Bible-based publications the slave class has provided. In these publications, we find timely warnings about the urgency of the times in which we live. Would it not be wiser to devote our time to the ministry and help others escape this wicked world? Surely, this is the finest way to not let our eye become wicked.

In the drama, young Lisa and Jennifer found themselves attracted to the glamour of Satan's propaganda--his entertainment, his thinking was already beginning to contaminate their young minds. Young ones, are you finding yourselves tempted by the...attractive movie stars and supermodles of this world? If so, keep in mind the fine example of Job, who made a covenant with his eyes that he would not look at anyone in an immoral way. Perhaps, you young ones may find comfort and guidance in your God-fearing parents or the Christian elders if improper thoughts due to the "bloom of youth" are troubling you.

May all of us, young and old, gain strength and work hard to remain loyal to God's righteous standards. Indeed, DO NOT LET YOUR EYE BECOME WICKED!"

[Applause]

• Joliette
    Joliette

You are tooooo funny!!! (LOL) Can't stop laughing. Was this a title of a real drama some years ago?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Print that out, hand to anyone that couldn't make the assembly and they would be all prepared to answer up at the next service meeting assembly review!

Wonderful.

George

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

That was hilarious. Sd-7 you've got real talent.

I'm still laughing over dad's retarded question "Do you think God approves of people who drink the blood of others?". It always surprised me that in these dramas young ones are so quickly moved by their parents' remarks and they immediately undergo a 180 turn. Really fake imo.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, a lot of propoganda in those dramas. The real story would have been a whole lot different and much more entertaining then that. LOL. I like writing short stories myself, dont have the enegry and focus to write 'a drama remix' right now. LOL

• Joliette
    Joliette

Also: Love the Sam Herd reference at the end. Of course, everyone in the world is out to get ya! lol

• yknot
    yknot

Dayummmm another one hit out of the park by SD-7!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I was inspired by the February 15th, 2011 WT--there's a picture of a family watching TV, a show or movie called "Vein Love". I thought it was hilarious and figured, why not throw together a second-rate drama about it? I'm just bummed out that there's been so little response. Guess I'm the only one who saw that picture and found it amusing. Meh.

-sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was inspired by the February 15th, 2011 WT--there's a picture of a family watching TV, a show or movie called "Vein Love". I thought it was hilarious and figured, why not throw together a second-rate drama about it? I'm just bummed out that there's been so little response. Guess I'm the only one who saw that picture and found it amusing. Meh.

-sd-7

LOL, Vein Love as in Vain Love? Wow. I don't have that WT yet, or maybe I do and haven't browsed through it yet. I'm not too keep on current pop culture, but it appears gothic romances are all the rage now huh? Flicks like Twilight and Underworld are like Romeo and Juliet or Hamlet with a Vampire/Werewolf angle. Young people must be eating up (no pun intended). It's funny how the WT find new boogiemen every so often. Went from heavy metal to gangsta rap. Apostate literature to Facebook. Now there's gothic romance movies. By the way Kate Beckinsale looked good in Underworld. Terrible series of films in my opinion, but she looked good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit