Reply From Co-worker - Feel Excellent Moment!

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

yeah, you're right about the person saying --- "at this time of year." she should have shared w/him what's expected of her "at this time of year" and he'd feel relieved.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I'm guessing that being part of wts cult cost somewhere close to $1000 a year to upwards of maybe $2000? Christmas expenses may not sound all that bad.

DY should have told his coworker that it's them that have it real good as they only have to do this once a year and don't have to spend countless amount of time wasting their lives by travelling to church and going door to door and conventions and get nothing out of it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    So, I jokingly told him that one way he can remedy that is by telling his family that he's been studying the Bible
    and that he won't be celebrating Christmas this year as he's studying to become a JW. They all laughed loudly..
    It was quite the 'feel good' moment for me!.....DY

Good joke..

No Jehovah`s Witness has ever had a Bible Study..

Jehovah`s Witness`s Study WBT$ Literature about the Bible..There is no Bible Study in Watchtower World..

I can see why everyone laughed..

http://pomeupoxa.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cavalo_relinchar_portugal_porreiro.jpg

................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

If you don't want to observe Christmas or any other holiday, then don't!

That doesn't mean you ought to rejoin the borg.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

People that are willing to reason ultimately accept that holidays are largely based on lies or unacceptable behavior for a person considered a Christian. However, they prefer to continue with the tradition as usual.

The Bible does mention of people that will follow men's traditions rather than God's will; nothing surprising about it.

It's widely known, truth be told, that we can be just as giving people as any others, but we express meaning in our giving not just because an annual date is set have we become enslaved to it. Our school graduation, baby/wedding shower, wedding, wedding anniversaries, children's parties, etc., are ocassions filled with joy, good food, gifts, all without the materialism and excess that are characteristics of today's holiday celebrations.

It's wonderful in my case that many of my co-workers have checked our official website and found out the real reason of our stance on holidays and other JW behaviors. Their respect is much appreciated, indeed.

DY

• LV101
    LV101

OUTLAW --- wow, I never realized on top of all the other negative aspects of the w/tower i'd never had a bible study! too funny and so true. what awful memories those studies were. love your illustrations -- especially the one about dressing up/armageddon and bringing the kids and the cross burning. you should put all of them in a book and sell.

LV101

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You are right, it can get a bit costly. However, most people I talk to reminisce about Christmas being the best memories of their life. I know my daughter loves Christmas and regularly reminds me how grateful she is to no longer be part of the cult.

• LV101
    LV101

but there are many things that are pagan that witnesses do observe --- the watchtower isn't a leader/religion to ban xmas.

the shepherds celebrated the birth of christ and are part of some nativity scenes. it's commercial but so are wedding anniversaries.

LV101

• TMS
    TMS

Doubtfully,

Your co-worker is religiously tolerant and provided you a "feel good" moment, reinforcing your righteous stand against "pagan" holidays. Hopefully, you will be consistant in your moral high road and refuse any Christmas bonuses, holiday pay, holiday turkeys, hams, etc.

tms

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Our school graduation, baby/wedding shower, wedding, wedding anniversaries, children's parties, etc., are ocassions filled with joy, good food, gifts,
    all without the materialism and excess that are characteristics of today's holiday celebrations.....DY

Baby showers,Weddings,Wedding Anniversaries,Childrens Partys all cost nothing if your a Jehovah`s Witness?..

Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t pay for Tuxedo`s..Wedding Dress`s..Gifts..Food..Liquor..Dress Clothes?..

It`s all Free?..

The Truth is..

The WBT$ tells you what you can Celebrate..

You spend Money on those Celebrations just like anyone else..

Enjoy your "It`s Not a Christmas Turkey Dinner",Turkey Dinner..During the Christmas Season..

Maybe this year you`ll figure out why..

The rest of the world views Jehovah`s Witness`s as Hypocrites..

................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit