Reply From Co-worker - Feel Excellent Moment!

by Doubtfully Yours 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

So, there we all are in the break room in my place of work, and the topic turns to the holiday shopping madness. This co-worker starts to say how expensive this holiday season has been for him and that he's still not done, and too bad when the day comes the family members will find fault or something else wrong with his gifts, and to make things worst, that the wife also was purchasing gifts with his credit card so he feared the January statement.

So, I jokingly told him that one way he can remedy that is by telling his family that he's been studying the Bible and that he won't be celebrating Christmas this year as he's studying to become a JW. They all laughed loudly and the guy, second by others in the room, told me that I just didn't know how good I had it being a JW this time of the year.

It was quite the 'feel good' moment for me!

DY

• poopsiecakes
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah I had people express that sentiment to me several times over the years as well. That doesn't change the fact that you are a moron.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Poopsiecakes, SixOfNine,

Having a real good Sunday, aren't we?!

Relax already!!!

DY

• LV101
    LV101

yes, but your co-worker gets to feel happy at least once a year (probably his biggest expense of the yr. --- someone already posted the expense of being a witness) after the errands/expense is over with knowing he's made at least one child/adult happy or at least made an effort contributing to others. witnesses have to deal w/expenses all year round --- all the travel, new literature, proper business clothing and DONATION expenses for their conventions/assemblies and returning home once again w/new/old promises. they can't afford much else in the way of gifts when they are stretched to appease their masters.

LV101

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yabbut, didn't somebody say that there was more happiness in giving than recieving? Guess, he was wrong.

S

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I guess DY got the 'feel good' moment because the joke she told was accepted by the audience. In the very same manner as stand-up comedians feel good when audience is laughing.

CP

• LV101
    LV101

yeah --- what a witness to her audience at work. if they only knew the expenses and exhaustion (AND TRUTH) of her religion. almost the entire populace wouldn't give up christmas to join the w/t cult if they promised a stress-free life even now.

LV101

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup, my thoughts too. The person said "at this time of year" not a blanket statement.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

DY, I'm so relaxed I'm practically swinging in a hammock - I just happen to find it sad that you've allowed yourself to be drawn back into the festival of lies. You do seem happy though, and I suppose that's what's important and we'll all be here for you when the rose colored glasses come off again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit