Gone now its pride and all its dreams
    And all things for which it did contend
    ....And the wind never ceases

But there is neither sorrow nor regret or grief
    It full well knew of the fate it must meet
    Better to live for but for a moment as a tree
    Than for eternity as a reed
    .....Let the wind blow!

By The French Knight who too well knows the price paid for walking against the wind.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

very nice.

Path

• Xena
    Xena

thank you. That touched me and I am now at a loss for words.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, Path, Xena.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Frenchy,

Once again, words filled with beauty that make one think.
    You mentioned on your other thread that you have never been a particularly "happy person".

That sometimes happens with creative people; not only people who have suffered such as most of us here. I wonder, reading your beautiful work whether it is a touch of both.

I say this, as most people think I am a very happy person, and yet I suffer from bouts of depression; sometimes there's a reason, other times, no reason. I put it down to the creative mind....but I don't like it.

I really relate!

Thankyou so much for the gifts of your talent that you share with us here.

Ana or..can't make up my mind this afternoon.

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Frenchy,

Tears are in my eyes. That was just lovely.

How well you are expressing the feeling of living ones whole life as a jw and then finding out the truth. It really touched me. Thank you.

j2bf

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Beautiful, Frenchy.......

April
    I was angry with my friend; I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. (William Blake, A Poison Tree)
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Ladonna:
    Thank you. I suffer from depression as well. My father committed suicide when I fifteen but not before telling me about it. He felt that he was being driven to do it. I did not understand much at that age but now I know what he was going through. A few years back my younger brother did the same thing. In both instances I tried very hard to reason with them but it was to no avail.

Strange as it may seem I never thought I had a problem until after my brother’s first suicide attempt. I took him to a psychiatrist and after talking to the doctor I realized that what I was feeling and going through was not normal. I didn’t tell the doctor anything at the time because I was having trouble accepting it.

I have bouts where I am extremely sad for no apparent reason. There are other times when the overwhelming sense of dread comes over me and again for no reason. The most disturbing of all is the rage that comes upon me from time to time. I’m not a violent person but I find myself wanting to lash out at those around me. I don’t, but it’s disturbing for others to see me in the ‘mood’ that comes on me. I deal with it and only my closest friends are aware of it. They kindly give me my space for an hour or two until I get it back under control. Like you, I don’t like the feeling either.

Anyway, that’s what I have been dealing with. The writing helps tremendously.

Joy2befree:
    I really appreciate your kind words. It means quite a bit to me if someone finds meanings in my work. I thank you for taking the time to comment.

Tatiana:
    Thank you very much for your kind expression and for taking the time to say something. I am pleased that you enjoyed it.

• Audrey
    Audrey

Bravo, Frenchy! Rather, should i say 'French Knight.'

I agree with the sentiment so well expressed. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I'm sorry for the angst you suffer from time to time and for the loss of your father and brother. We all inherit certain tendencies to cope with in our genes, don't you agree?

Audrey

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thank you, Frenchy, for sharing yourself with us again through your wonderful writing.

You know we love you. (((((((Frenchy)))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit