Confessions of a Wayward Pioneer

by Giordano 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Wow! Your story is so refreshing! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

Dési

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks for the kind words from every one. I hadn't realized that there were more responses. So A few brief answers and a thought or two.

Wasanelder It's not that long. I tried to make a spelling correction after I hit submit (I'm such a bad speller that one time my spell check came back with....WTF?) and then I fumbled around and the next thing I knew it it it repeated itself two more times. Does anyone know if there is a way I can delete the repetitions myself or who to contact?

"please tell us more about how normal people cope with being in the JW organization". Heartofaboy here's how......being a faithful JW is all about honesty, If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Thank you DagothUr.

Aussie Oz, what happened to you is the scariest thing I've learned on this forum, that so many families have been split apart over this silly cult.

TMS "The best part of the story is sparing your son the JW life", He agrees with you.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Giordano ,

In between the time you was a JW then, did you visited Bethel? If so, how was your experience, the feelings, the social environs etc?

Scott77

• Giordano
    Giordano

I visited a couple of times but really didn't get to talk with or hang out with Bethelites. It you want to experience it from the point of view of those who served there check out:

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/brooklyn-bethel/

The freeminds.com site has a bunch of inside information on Bethel, some of it is absolutely amazing.

• reds
    reds

Loved your story! Great way to leave,never giving them to much info. So, you would be considered inactive by jw standards? Waiting to read more.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Giordano great story. I remember reading this 2 years ago. Sounds just like I would think the wilds of PA was like back in the 1960's. I wish I was as smart as you to have left this cult back then. Some learn the easy way and others the hard way. I guess I have to learn the hard way. Good luck to you and your wife of many years in your furture endeavors. Totally ADD

• prologos
    prologos

a riveting story that nailed it. fine insight:

" -- God is not into personal relationships--" well said and you are so right, an astute observation.

contrary to what wt teaches because they equate WT=God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit