Confessions of a Wayward Pioneer

by Giordano 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey there !

I was born and raised in Queens too, I'll send you a private message.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Giordano,

We're contemporary, age-wise and when we each left the WT (I stayed in a bit longer, till '77). It was refreshing to hear those old terms -- circuit servant, etc. When you got out, the new term overseer took over. You wisely faded at that time, unheard of (by me) when I left.

Thanks for sharing that good read.

Len Miller

• dawntodaylight
    dawntodaylight

wow i loved your intro. its amazing that before the internet you was able to make such a decision as to leaving the WT. i look foward to reading more about your experiences dear friend :)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

your story gave me a big smile this morning...no, a good laugh!

thanks for posting it.

i too came to the conclusion that god had no interest in personal relations nor in humanity as a whole for that matter.

I wish my exit had been like yours, alas, not so. Lost my wife and kids and have been fighting to stop them becoming JW ever since.

cheers

oz

• loosie
    loosie

Awesome story.

I too was a casual sister I met my casual husband in the truth, we both left about the same time and are much happier out of the "truth" than in

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome Giordano!

I like your avatar. Does your hand hurt after breaking boards?

I left you a PM.

ShirleyW, I also left a PM for you.

• TMS
    TMS

Riveting! I envy you and yours for getting out after a few years instead of a half-century like some of us. There is actually some value in learning to survive in a remote setting where "the need is great" for a year or two. It is almost like being a Mormon missionary at least in time served. The trap comes when "privileges of service", the dangling carrots of JWdom become your god.

People like your friend, Frank, are actually enablers, because they are so normal. They see through the mind games, but still serve the JW god. Of course, they have rationalized things with the old Watchtower platitudes and a few of their own.

The best part of your story is sparing your son the JW life.

tms

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Great story! You're a natural born writer.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Loved your story and how you wrote it.

I look forward to reading more from you.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Loved your story, G. I have always been casual about it and one day I said "later for this ish".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit