Confessions of a Wayward Pioneer

by Giordano 36 Replies latest jw friends

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thank you so much for sharing your story Giordano!

Loved it, great to hear how other people leave this sad religion and enjoy a normal life.

3Mozzies

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later

• Scott77
    Scott77

Giordano ,

Great story. Thank you alot for sharing. Iam surprised, you was not stalked. Many of us leaving JW religion experienced unparalled level and intensity of stalking by WTS agents eg elders and Ministerial servants. Say hi to your family for standing up to what is right much early in those years.

Scott77

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Man oh man, break this up into three or four parts. I can't maintain that much reading and I gotta go. Its good but too much at once. Welcome

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Great story. And I'm a writer, so I mean it.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Loved your story Giordan, please tell us more about how normal people cope with being in the JW organisation.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I loved your story thankyou. I especially liked your "bible study" that you passed onto your friend lol!

• wobble
    wobble

A great story, well written too !

I was born in, in 1950, so I remember small congregations and many of the stalwarts with affection,they were miss-guided but good people.

I too was a "casual" as far as JW practice was concerned, I usually did my "ministry" alone, when I was forced to take a companion they were always surprised at how laid back my attitude was, I always said "the Bible says that God draws his sheep to Him, we don't need to shove the message down peoples throats, we need to make friends of them first".

Needless to say back-calls (R.V's) were usually just friendly visits, and leaving a couple of mags. on the way out.

I regular pio'd for awhile with that method too.

Much of your story is similar to mine, I gave my very first public talk ever, I was just 21, as an "away" talk, quite frightening.

I just wish I had woken up earlier, as you did, I stuck with the nonsense until about 30 months or so ago, when I was 58 years old.

I have wasted too many years, but I now can enjoy the freedom I have for however many years I have left, and maybe help others to leave the WT prison of the mind.

Thanks again for your story, I laughed out loud at much of it.

Peace, well-being and happiness to you and yours !

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I loved your story and most long ones lose my attention. Your way of describing the people in your life was priceless. Would have loved to meet Hilly and Hoppy they sound like fun.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

What an amazing story! Hilly and Hoppy! LOL! Wheel-Chair John! You could make a movie out of your story. I loved it, thank you for sharing and also a belated welcome to the forums!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit