Are most JW's window washers?

by SlipnSlide 68 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hey Misery,

did I miss something ? when did this thread become a thread about race ?

nobody mentioned race. It's about jobs

Don't mess up my buzz tonight Wasblind, I'm feeling pretty good right now. Dont you mess it up, I mean that. It ain't about race, never was, never will be. I just threw out there to illustrate how proposterous it is saying most JWs are window washers. Since lurking here, and hanging around for a minute, one of the handful of things I've found that disturbs me about the apostate community is how judgemental apostates can be. For a bunch of former JWs, many are still as judgemental as the most pious of active JWs. I admit myself, I'm a judgemental bastard. However, its ludicrous to generalize JWs as window washers, like WTF seriously? It's as bad as labeling all Jews as a bunch of money pinching, child sacrificing, hollywood running, beady eyed, palastenian killing, hook nosed bastards. It's not ok to say that, but its perfectly acceptable to call the average JW a window washer. I swear some of you mofos I'd like to smack the snot out of, or even worse.

Most of you folks, if not all were JWs at one point or another, but did you all window wash? For those that don't or never did do window washing for a living, who are you to look down on anybody? Something I've always chuckled to myself about since growing up JW, is I never lost a limb in a war or got half my body torn apart by an IED in the name freedom, so that you arrogant elitist bastards can continue looking down on how somebody makes a living. I'm proud to say I never did that. Working class in my veins, and I'm proud of that. You don't like it, or my kind, f#$ you, drop dead. I mean that too. Disgusting how you folks think.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't worry Miz,

Wuz won't kill your buzz, I just missed the point that your were trying to make that's all. That's why I asked

One more question though, are you sure your feelin' good ? I mean you seem kind of harsh in your reply

If I didn't ask where you were comin' from I would go on assumption and you know what they say about assumption

• pirata
    pirata

Many witness PIONEERS are window washers.

Lots of the non-pioneers have a variety of jobs.

• mamalove
    mamalove

It would be interesting what a true study of professions among JW's would actually look like. It is astounding the amount who do happen to do this work. It seems alot of British folk see this commonality, and I am not sure about any Aussie's or Canadian's, but in the US, at least in the mid west, the professions mentioned are very common in JWland. Making a living, and not having to rely on hand outs is always a good thing.

Misery, do you know more JW's who have diversified career's, or do they tend to lump into one group? It is interesting to me to hear your perspective.

• pirata
    pirata

In my locale, witnesses are into Electrical Engineering, Sales, Property Management, Mechanics, Electricians, Accounting, Architecture, Window Washing, Marketing, Interior Design, Teaching, etc.

We have number of witnesses who did not follow the Faithful Slave's advice and went to university. They may have been looked down upon when they were going (or they had the excuse that their parents were making them go), but those who kept active in the truth are informally looked up to because they are educated and witnesses.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Wasblind, that might stumble fellow Witlesses because of the blood issue. They could become contaminated and accidentily get some of the blood from the roadkill. Do you think those would qualify as fractions? "

Hey Mama Love, sorry I over looked your question, I might be in need of changin' the name of my avatar

I don't know about that qualifying or not, you know how often their "truths" change. Better check the expiration date on their present "truth"

• pirata
    pirata

MLE, I think most here make fun of window washing, not because of anything with the profession itself, but rather what the profession itself represents in the JW community. It usually represents people who have sacrificed pursuing their skills, desires and talents in order to Pioneer.

Window Washing in itself can be a very well-paying and flexible business. I remember reading a guide on how to get into the window-washing business as a way to escape the 9-to-5 grind and have more time to pursue your interests.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You right Pirata, I apologize Wasblind if I came off a tad harsh, but that egotism irritates me to no end. I mean no harm to anybody on here, I just hate that classism. I mean it really irritates me. The apostate community appears to have a problem with Proletariats it seems. I work on the top floor of an office building. Every now and then I get that feeling somebody's watching me like that song from the 80's. I look to my left, and its a window washer. He's got bigger balls than I ever had, cuz I couldn't do that for a living. It's not the money why I couldn't do it, I'd just be too scared to do it. That kind of work is terrifying! It's a living though, he's gotta family to feed. Who is anybody to mock anybody's way of living? The funniest part about it to me is, the people making fun of window washers, I'd bet both my testicles that not nary a poster on this board including myself would ever insult a window washer to his face. I guarantee that. The other thing that bothers me, and this will probably come off hypocritical considering my posting and thread record, but I have to ask this question. How do you expect to win the attention of a lurker when the first thing he/she is presented with is they're a window washer? It's bad enough that many posters on here look down on JWs as delusional brainwashed zombies, forgetting that they themselves were in the same predicament at some point. Now, not only are they braindead zombies, but they're lower class scum, ignorant, delusional, uneducated zombies too! It's not right.

By the way, I don't like that MLE acronym, like Vamp mentioned, it can be pronounced as Emily, and that bothers me. For now on, call me Misery.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I got Ya Misery,

and I'll be mindfull not to call you Miz either cause that sounds to close to Ms.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I asked the above question and it goes way over ----------->there. A non Witness asked me that question and I wanted to know what others thought. This thread was not about race cuz "I'm Black" myself. It was not an elitist question, either. MLE, you got offended by the ? and I could say the same thing when you started when you keep referring this as "the apostate community" or how judgemental "the apostate community is". Would you be including yourself cuz you post on the regular. I have biases, but I don't think always "like black people". I treat everyone the same. If I don't like you, I just don't. I found this site out by researching. I am a realist and quite an independent thinker and that alone is what the Society won't approve of. To want answers to questions that you feel that are important does not make one an apostate. That is what God gave us brains for. And if you choose not to use it and let the Society make decisions for you makes you foolish. Now my tone is not harsh, yet. So lets agree to disagree respecfully.

Off my soapbox for tonight. Everyone have a peaceful night!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit