Finally dared to register

by Hoffnung 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello all,

Finally I registered today. Being a lurker for quite some months, I convinced myself it is time to give my own 2 pence from time to time. I am living in Europe and I am still 'in', although by now I must be counted as an inactive JW. What it all started off was a conversation I had with one of my cousins. Most of my family are active JW's. He mentioned a book written by a Norwegian brother about Babylonian Chronology, and he was quite inspired by it. I told him I was interested and he made sure I got my copy. I guess most of you know this brother was Furuli. I was reading a few pages at work during breaks but I found it too boring. A work colleague noticed the book and asked if he could read it, he is into all that kind of stuff. I agreed. A few weeks later he gave it back and said he could not agree with the author. I found that quite strange, having never known that 607 BCE was not supported by classic historians. Anyway, it did not interest me so much, as by that time I had started getting to know my fiancee, and you all understand I had different interests. As we loved each other too much, we had the "joy" of experiencing the "loving care" of 3 elders in a back room, each in our own congregation. When it was all over, I was DFed, and my fiancee wasn't. The appeal comite made some remarkable comments, like: "it would be better your fiancee was DF'ed as well, cause then you would still have someone", and "it is a pity that we recognize some repentance, as it is too late, this should have been visible the 1st time". So much for loving sheperds. So I had no family any more, no friends, a lot of doubts and a lot of free time to examine everything. so I read the book, and indeed I could not agree with Furuli's statements of what is in the bible. What struck me most, was that according to him, Jer 25:11, 12 had a "fuzzy" meaning. I could not agree less, the context, Jer 25, is self explanatory. Anyway, i researched on the net, and considered all the information I discovered, pro and con. that takes quite some time. I ordered Olaf's book about the Gentile times, CoC, Christian Freedom of Ray, too sad he is not with us any more, and I had a difficult time digesting all that I discovered. Although I really felt freedom for the very 1st time ( I am a born 'in'), I still loved my Fiancee, and I wanted my family back. So I filed for reinstatement, and after a relatively short time I was back 'in', making these wolves in sheep clothes who DFed me in the 1st place feel happy. And I discovered I could not bring myself to go in Field service any more. My conscience was bothering me I was trying to spread a message I could not support any more. Despite some weak efforts in the beginning from well intended brs, which did not last very long, nobody bothers me any more, and the secretary does not ask for my report either.

If I had any delusions left, they are all gone, these WT articles were the GB is claiming divine support, are so appalling. I am not buying any more into this crap! JW these days only need 8 paragraphs to explain they have exchanged Christ's rulership for following the lead of Gerrit Lösch and his 7 fellows. What was it again they hold against catholics and other christians? following men instead of Christ?

I would not like to leave my 1st comment without a heartfelt "thank you" for all the people on this board, who helped me discovering not new light, but "the light". Many thanks to people like Ray Franz, Randy, perimeno.ca, Barabara Anderson, Bill Bowen, and recently Roberto Di Stefano who help others like me to discover the truth of "the truth".

Best Regards,

Hoffnung

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome to the board -

If I had any delusions left, they are all gone, these WT articles were the GB is claiming divine support, are so appalling. I am not buying any more into this crap! JW these days only need 8 paragraphs to explain they have exchanged Christ's rulership for following the lead of Gerrit Lösch and his 7 fellows. What was it again they hold against catholics and other christians? following men instead of Christ?

That stuff is especially appalling, once you realize that they are claiming divine inspiration while holding up a house of cards.

• bohm
    bohm

Wellcome! Thanks for writing an introduction.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hoffnung......welcome to the board. Nice to have you. It is a big step to join, but once you do it is enjoyable and liberating.

Think About It

• mamalove
    mamalove

Welcome! Glad you saw the light. Did you get married? How is your fiancee taking this info if you have shared it?

• yknot
    yknot

607 is big!

I am glad it has set you mentally free from the spiritual bondage!

Looking forward to more of your comments and observations!

Huggles

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I am not buying any more into this crap! JW these days only need 8 paragraphs to explain they have exchanged Christ's rulership for following the lead of Gerrit Lösch and his 7 fellows. What was it again they hold against catholics and other christians? following men instead of Christ?

Welcome.

You just said a mouthful and you ain't never choked!

They are digging their own graves.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

WOW !! Another one sees the light. Welcome friend. Lovely to have you aboard.
    I am the Granny on board .the eldest. I usually end all threads But I am SURE yours will
    continue. It is WONDERFUL that your blinders came off & you left on your own intelligence
    ME??? I had to get booted out. Keep us informed of the girlfriend.
    Http://ex.weebly.com/

Mouthy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit