POLL: Can you turn your mind off?

by Lady Lee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    and I was taught by other Musicans if this happens try to turn your mind off don't think about anything and you will find...... you are playing the song right on the money and if you start to think you can really mess up

True, the best stuff is done without thinking about it, where the fingers do the walking all on their own. It's a bit of a mystery to me

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grandma Jones I could understand those response. I wouldn't necessarily like them though.

But there really does seem to be something different in the minds of a lot of men, clearly not all, where there is really nothing happening. I think that maybe if women understood that men can do this weomen wouldn't get so upset when they do say nothing. They actually mean it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Twitch

It's a bit of a mystery to me

I think it is like what people in sports experience. The body knows the moves. You just have to trust the body to do it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am truly fascinated by this

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Just wanted to say its nice to see an easy going thread, yet stimulating thread. Thanks for the thread LAdy Lee.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Twitch isn't it true ....LOL

Some of best nights where I got Nothing but Praise... was a night I just was up there like a robot.

I felt like I was in the Audience sitting and just listening to the Music.

And at times Songs I HATED..... the only way I could play was to turn everything off..... good we're done yeah!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think it was easy to do this at Assemblies LOL!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    But there really does seem to be something different in the minds of a lot of men, clearly not all, where there is really nothing happening.
    I think that maybe if women understood that men can do this women wouldn't get so upset when they do say nothing. They actually mean it.....Lady Lee

http://cuarts.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/bingo.gif

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LOL @ OUTLAW

But do you now understand why we get so frustrated. For the most part we can tell you exactly what is going on in our mind and can't understand why you can't

oh the fights that could be avoided

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

A few have already mentioned meditation. And yes, after years of thinking I was doing something wrong and thinking that I could not meditate, I am very happy to say that yes, when I meditate I can and do get to the state of mental silence. It is amazing, and I do so highly recommend it!

But as for asking someone what they are thinking... they should not answer "nothing"... what they really mean is "nothing I want to tell you about".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit