Tell me how to find things without re-reading everything all over again?

by GrandmaJones 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
  • GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Sorry, hit enter before the question...

I understand the btt thing so that later you can go back and find the thread somehow, but what if you start to get a million topics posted to, and now you want to find something? Isn't there some other way to organize this material into topics? For instance, there is a comment that I wish to refer to again, and I suspect that I can't find it because it wasn't the topic of the thread. How do you guys find things so quickly?

• factfinder
    factfinder

what is btt?

How do you quote from someone's post? Thanks!

• Scott77
    Scott77

factfinder, btt means bring to the top. GrandmaJones, please consider using the search box above second left. Type in the topic of interest. You will get many returns. Another way, is for you to comment on the thread. Once you post on it, it can be retraced back when you click on your username. You will see topics posted on, topics started, etc. Then you can see from there. Good luck

Scott77

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Scott77- thank you!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

You could bookmark the initial page...or save to your favorites depending on your system.

Snoozy..

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I don't know what it means to "bookmark", I thought that had to do with sharing it on facebook. And I thought the btt was so that it WOULD go in your own "topics posted to" but after you post to a million topics, how will you find a comment made on a thread that is not the title of the thread? Is there some instructions here that I have missed? Is it perhaps better not to make remarks on a thread to which you do not intend to return? (So that you aren't cluttering up your "topics posted to")

It's just that I see those with THOUSANDS OF POSTS!!!!!

I am just trying to figure out how you can retrieve information that you have already accessed.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    GrandmaJones: I am just trying to figure out how you can retrieve information that you have already accessed,

Why not search it? A search box is there. Please, why not try it as a test?

Scott77

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am not sure that I am making myself clear with the question. Let me try again.

When I use the "search" option, (which I had already learned to use) and a particular posting that I want to refer back to is not the title of the thread so that when I try various things in the search, it doesn't come up, etc. the question is:

Is there anyway to put this in some kind of personal folder by subject matter. I mean a personal folder on my own computer. On my hardrive of my pc, so that I can organize the material in a way that it is under the subject that I think it should be.

Does that make the original question clearer? (But I am still having trouble with finding a particular post that was not the topic of the thread. It's like the WT cd. If you can't remember the exact words, nothing comes up. I want to organize it in a personal way.

I am not like a young person who can pick up some modern electronic device and figure out how to use it. My grandchildren would probably be able to tell me how to do this, but as this is an apostate forum, I can't turn to them for help. Heck, I have a cell phone that they tell me can get on the internet, and I can't do that either.

• asilentone
    asilentone

(never mind)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit