Why did the WTBS endorse 1975?

by jay88 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fred Franz was not only the "mind" behind the 1975 "Bible-based™" chronology, but was most likely also the genius behind the 1925 "oopsie."

Two things come together to drive this "Bible-based chronology™": the belief in the 7,000 year "creative day" and the belief in the fulfilment of the Israelite Jubilee years, which were 50 years apart. (This may be tied in with the whole dispensationalist* mind-set, but I'm not sure.) That is why there is precisely 50 years between 1925 and 1975.

There have been other minor adjustments in the "Bible-based chronology™," which is why we find close dates like 1874 and 1972 thrown into the mix in some Watchtowr publications. Apparently Jehovah's Magic spirit forgot to tell Fred Franz to double check his arithmetic and also forgotto tell him that there was no year "ZERO."

We are approaching the centennial of 1914, and already some JW apologists have begun specualting that 1914 + 120 years (see Noah) will bring the end in 2034. This doesn't align with the Jubilee model, but Fred is dead, so its time for a new paradigm.

*dis·pen·sa·tion, n.
    1. ...

2. ...

3. ...

4. Theol.
    a. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
    b. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
    c. a divinely appointed order or age: the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I think Fred Franz was delusional and truly believed the drivel he came up with. And I think the GB went right along with him on the 1975 prediction. I also think Fred Franz truly enjoyed being looked up to as a bible scholar and was a very prideful person, though perhaps giving an aura of humility. I agree with Nickolas, I would like to see a copy of the 1974 talk.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Nickolas states...

Scott, that you have been on this board for more than a year and a half and have made 1240 posts is more than remarkable. It is astonishing, since you are just now finding out about 1975. It says that this board is inefficient at getting the real truth out. I think the serious people on this board might want to figure out how to fix that.

Thank you for your comments about the posts I have made so far. I think, quality is more important than quantity. Please, be reminded that with respect 1975 year not being discussed here prior to my joining the board, it may be that, it was already discussed or that, members choose a topic of their interest to bring up for discussion. Its entirely up to members to initiate an topic of interest. Iam surprised, you are looking for a recorded tape as evidence. I hope you find them. I think, some copies of watchtower might be sufficient to provide you some evidence to that effect. Do you know or have heard that the Watchtower did benefit materially prior to 1975 when the several JWs sold their homes and donated the proceeds to the Watchtower in anticipation of the end? If that is correct, then OnTheWayOut and thetrueone have important and legitimate points they raise about the Watchtower greedy attitude or manipulation prior, during and after 1975 year.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit