Why did the WTBS endorse 1975?

by jay88 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Think about it, 1975 deniers:

What difference did it make if 1975 WAS the 6000th anniversary of the creation of human beings UNLESS that had some kind of end times significance?

Without the implication that Armageddon was coming then, that "anniversary" would be nothing but trivia -- certainly nothing worthy of a book ("Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God") and certainly nothing worthy of all the WT print and convention and KH talks devoted to it for 10 YEARS (1966-1975).

• streets76
    streets76

Fred was batshit crazy.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Here's one of the speeches at the assemblies around that time.

Here you can really see what the leaders of the JW organization are, corrupt religious charlatans using fear as a means of exploitation.

Thank god for Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=related

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank god for Youtube

Which one?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that still bothers me today even after 35 years, is these pricks didn't give a shit to those young impressionable children in the audience.

Their magazines and books with violent pictures of building collapsing onto people, death and destruction everywhere, did

create a measurable amount of young JWS to have all kinds of psychological problems.

No wonder it drove some children to commit suicide out of all the anxiety, pent-up stress and depression.

Would the Watchtower Society ever take responsiblity for that, of course not, either would they to those people they told to not

get married or have children, because this system of things was going to end soon.

The WTS is and always been about propagating bullshit to people as a way of obtaining self-support, what that does to individuals

they take no responsiblity or empathy .

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm wondering what the next date will be. They started setting dates from the very beginning and it has continued until now. I look for a new date within the next 5 years.

• Ding
    Ding

If the WTS does start hawking another date, we need to pin the Watchtower apologists down -- does it mean something or not?

If so, exactly what?

• moshe
    moshe

I'm a false prophet- it's what I do, master, -- tormenting JWs ( last confession of freddie franz)

• Listener
    Listener

For an organisation that holds itself up as being extremely unified why did they wait until the end of 1974 and 1975 to clarify their significance of 1975?

• Scott77
    Scott77

OMG! I never knew about 1975 but heard during one assembly or may it was a District Convection. One speaker spoke of 1975 when many became impatient with the Lord and decided to leave the organisation instead of preaching the good news as mt 24:14 commands. The speaker obviously ,a Bethelite, was scolding those who left. Now, my brain is recalling back the talk after reading this thread. True, this WTS is a shame one that mislead unsuspecting individuals. Thank you everyone for exposing it.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit