Need Help From British Football Fans

by XJW4EVR 37 Replies latest social physical

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

four candles, I heard an interview or a rant by Ian Holloway just after the Rooney flap with Sir Alex Ferguson, and he was good for a laugh. Tell me, is it true that there is a sort of a cliche of Alex Ferguson accolytes in the Premier League?

Digderidoo, I will look into Wolverhampton. As I said my mind isn't really made up, other than what teams I am NOT interested in. The Galaxy is not really my team, though I did see them during the inaugural MLS season when they played at the Rose Bowl. However, football just did not tickle my fancy, as it has this year.

I'll tell you what has helped me get a better understanding of the game, both American and English, are a number of Podcasts that I regularly listen to. So, if there are any team specific Podcasts that any of you can recommend I will give them a listen.

Thanks for all the input. You guys are great!

• four candles
    four candles

EXJW, I think Ferguson is one on his own,he seems to think he is the greatest manager ever and won't talk to the BBC after a little spat with them. He is a good manager and has won a lot of stuff but seems to fall on his ass at times. There isn't anyone else like him in the premier league,I think they are all individuals.

As for Wolves,....well Robert Plant is a supporter,what more can you say?

• digderidoo
  • zombie dub
    zombie dub

spurs are an exciting team to watch at the moment

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

So I watched Barcalona's 5-0 demolition of Real Madrid, and maybe I should root for Barca. I saw in this game everything I loved about Spain in the World Cup.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

although i am a manchester united fan myself i can understand you not wanting to follow one of the big teams (man u being the biggest club in the world). i used to live in a little town called wolverhampton, they wear the famous black and gold and have for such a small town a massive local following, they are always struggling to stay in the prem, but a more traditional team with great fans you could not pick.

THANKS FOR CALLING IT FOOTBALL YANK. please dont pick liverpool for god sake!!!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Can someone explain to me why Newcastle sacked Chris Houghton? Shouldn't he be rewarded for the success he brought to Newcastle? BTW, this act has caused me to cross Newcastle off my list. I won't support a team with managment that makes these sorts of bone headed decisions.

It looks more an more like it will be either Everton or Liverpool, BTW.

• four candles
    four candles

I don't think anyone can see the reasoning behind that X.....I certainly can't. And not a good replacment either IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit