Need Help From British Football Fans

by XJW4EVR 37 Replies latest social physical

• poppers
    poppers

My brother likes Fulham - they have a an American he likes (Dempsey) and a good coach.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Ye, Fulham a good footballing team - been to their ground a few times.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

BTW EJW let us kno yeh

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Well, I'm about to watch my lads get a beat down from the scousers...somebody hug me...

And did you see the Spurs come back from 2 nil down to beat Arsenal??

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Crikey this was painful to watch...

come on you Irons pick your damn selves up!!!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

West Ham are in free-fall. I think undoubtedly they will go down. I hope they hold on to Avram Grant, I think he's a quality coach. I think next season they'll destroy the championship and get automatic promotion as champions.

This weekend saw some pretty interesting results, eh?

EJW- for gawd's sake don't become a fan of Bolton. You'll regret it.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Still thinking on th EPL team. I am going to check out the team boards on my next days off. I don't want to pick just any team.

BTW I am in the same quandry for an MLS team. The Los Angeles Galaxy are my current home team, but the Colorado Rapids would by closest to my home state and town where I was raised in northern New Mexico. So I am just as perplexed on this on. BTW congrats to the Colorado Rapids for winning the 2010 MLS Cup, and beating FC Dallas (I will NEVER root for any team from Dallas, let alone Texas).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Newcastle are a good team to follow big ground , great fans but a dreadful player in Joey Barton, the attack on those 2 young kids was dreadful, Bolton play an intimidating physical game using long balls to Kevin Davis along with Stoke City,Blackburn Rovers are not for the footballing purists, for the quintessential connoisseur of the beautiful game most would go for Arsenal, the big 4 of Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool and now Man City are simply hated and all followers outside of these 4 would want these 4 to implode, Birmingham are playing some good stuff, a good manager and an owner with plenty of cash, Aston Villa have a really good American owner in Randy Learner have a good squad and play some decent footy, Everton have a very good young manager are run very sensibly financially and have never been out of the top flight in their history. Fulham might struggle this season as will West Ham/Wigan and Wolves, Spurs have always had a history of playing good football with a new stadium planned they are really pushing for big things this season, they have a great manager shame he is such a crook, but Blackpool are the team to look for this season, most people would have had them as odds on to go straight down this season but Ian Holloway is doing a wonderful job.

• four candles
    four candles

I'm a Man City fan,but at the moment they seem to be a lot of expensive square pegs in round holes,and not many English or British players. I'm a City fan as I was brought up in the south of Manchester and been going to games since I was about 11.

But,judging by the last few games on the TV I would go for either Newcastle,Bolton or Blackpool. The latter being a team of really good players,a good mixture of british and foreign,they play good old fashioned no nonesense football which has got them to 12th in the league,they've come from now where,and Ian Holloway is one of the best,most down to earth funniest managers ever!!!

Now,where's my stick of Blackpool rock gone?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Just a quick correction before i post....it looks like you're looking for an English football team, not British! The scots have their own league and the Welsh only have 3 teams in the English league, apart from that they also have their own league,

Anyway why not go for Wolverhampton Wanderers!!

We may be sitting 2nd from bottom at the moment, but have the greatest fan base, we're the hardest working team in the Premiership. We have the USA goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann If Los Angeles Galaxy are you team at the moment, Wolves won the American League in 1967, we played in America along with 12 other English teams as Los Angeles Wolves. We have a great history formed in 1877 and was one of the founder members of the league in 1888. We were the best in England during the 1950's and 60's. We currently have an Irish manager, along a number of Irish players aswell as Scot, Welsh, French and of course English amongst others.

We may not be top of the league, but we are the greatest football team the world has ever seen!

And here is the fans forum... www.the-wolf.co.uk

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit