I'm Movin' On

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We learn from the past, live in the present and have hope in the future.

Living in the past does no one any good.

:)

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

What a beautiful song. Thank you so much for sharing this.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Poignant lyrics - thanks for posting.

• laverite
    laverite

Great song, OTWO. Why aren't people reading what you actually wrote? Obviously, you're not leaving US, you left THEM which we WERE and SOME here still ARE.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@OTWO!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Bye OTWO. BTW, what ever happened with your wife? Is she in or out now? Sorry if I missed the updates.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

BTW, what ever happened with your wife? Is she in or out now? Sorry if I missed the updates.

Friends, read the posts. I ain't going away.

Blue- since you asked, my wife is still the same old JW she was. She is probably considered weak to the congregation elders. She will miss that particular meeting on a semi-regular basis and I imagine her recruiting time is pretty low. However she "makes up" for missed meetings by going to Spanish meetings. She doesn't speak Spanish and wants to learn- this method of going to the KH and immersing herself in the language will eventually work for her. She has that kind of mind to learn language.

I think (but don't know for sure) that she enjoys the social aspect of visiting newer "sisters" that don't know her husband. The home congregation probably gets to her with the "Poor dear, her husband is lost to the world" crap.

I reach her through neutral conversations. Here's the last one. We were watching CRIMINAL MINDS on the rerun channel. The case was one where a priest was exorcising people with Turrets or Schizophrenia and they would wind up dying. He thought that was better to save their soul and let the body die. A lady FBI agent knew one victim- they met traveling in Europe. The victim's parents still blamed the FBI lady for turning their son away from Catholicism, then later thought their son was possessed- hence the priest.

Anyway, the wife comments on how awful it is that the parents blame some girl their son met for his own leaving the church and further my wife thinks it is ridiculous to think the guy was possessed. WHAT AN OPENING FOR ME.

I said "Many religions" (avoiding saying JW's at first) are just like that. "Virtually all" of them want to blame someone on the outside when they raise their child according to "the way." It's often a love interest that they feel is to blame for it, it cannot be the way they raised the person and they are sure they have "the truth" so it cannot be the investigating their child did. Further, tons of religious groups blame Satan for such situations.

My wife still wasn't there, so I said "Jehovah's Witnesses say the same things. When someone leaves, it must be some influence from Satan's world. They just don't go so far as to think the person is possessed." I wish I threw in, "They save that for garage sale items."

She got the point.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Jerry,

My heart sunk a little when I read the thread title, for selfish reasons.

Glad you're not totally "Movin' On" from JWN, although I totally respect those who do when the time is right.

Great song.

Hope to see you somewhere down the road on what's left of life's highway.

om

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Ah. I like it. Yeah, the garage sale items would have been the best clincher. But save it for another opportunity. :D

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- It's always a good thing to move on in life from the JW cult. Good for you. I have moved on myself - however am involved in trying to help my younger adult children, nieces and nephews ( aged 22 - 36 ) eventually get free thinking minds out of the cult. I think it's very possible to move on mentally & emotionally from the cult & seperate yourself - yet STILL be able to discuss it from a reflective viewpoint of past experience

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit