Alcohol vs. Marijuana

by jolly_green_giant 40 Replies latest members adult

• siegswife
    siegswife

Robdar, I think the stoners you know are probably drunk.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, I think I feel that cannabis wins this hands down.

I've worked in a club. People drinking alcohol are far worse to handle than the druggie crowd. I wonder what the damn government has AGAINST drugs. Make 'em legal, keep us docile...

No, I think stoners are far less violent. They can be ineffectual losers, as can people who drink too much alcohol, or play too much Nintendo, or watch too many Soaps. Obviously there is a difference to the physical harm of those activities, but, regarding the person inside, humans are great, they can ABUSE almost any sensation or expeience if they get fixated on it. Western society? Money addicts.

At the moment I am just going to roll a stiff one. I have Northern Light Special, Haze, and Jack Herer... I think I'll use the Jack... English style spliff with tobacco, thin, gentle taper, about 4-5" long. I have an excuse THIS time; it's medicinal, I've had a wisdom tooth removed (I am now officially stupid), the second in a week, and the first one still aches, so 6 paracetomol a day and spliffs whenever I damn well feel like it are the prescription for me, thank you very much!

But I smoke about two grams a week, and my redundancy (after three promotions/four raises in 15 months) is effecting about c.400 people, only some of whom smoke, so although I am, at times, a disgusting old hippie, I don't think I qualify for stoner. My mate Neil? Oh yes, love him, stoner.

• Imbue
    Imbue

I have to agree with Abaddon cannabis users are easier to deal with if they only smoke pot or hash. The consequences are usually their own such as loss of concentration, less productivity and creativity. I think any mood altering diminishes abstact thinking ability. I didn’t think this was true when I was using but I feel this way now. However individuals addicted to heroin, benzodiazepines, and methadone are more difficult than drunks.

I know this well because I detox them and they are the most difficult whiners. While drunks tend to be more in denial. Except here at JWD the drunks seem to right about EVERYTHING and that can be a little annoying. I can spot them any where in and out of the congs.

Although I thought I was charming on tequila the people around me would probably have disagreed. I'm Clean 13 years no thanks to the Jws.

Abaddon have you ever tried a ‘honey slide' with some schnapps, what ever flavor, and hash heated it up in a spoon. This will carry all day hun’. May not be able to work but you’ll be feeling good. May forget about your wisdom tooth as well.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• circe2
    circe2

Which one is better?

I'd have to say that I prefer canabis.

In the past couple of years my tolerance for alchohol has gone down drastically. I do miss my favorite ale though: La Fin Du Mon (sp?) Haven't been able to find it since I moved back to Utah. It's available everywhere in New York.

My husband and I can't decide if the last weed we smoked might have been laced with something or not. Anybody know if a particular type of canabis has strong hallucinogenic effects? I'd never experienced that type of effect in the years that I'd used weed prior to becoming a Dub.

I agree with Mommie Dark's post except for the pot hangover part. I find both equally horrible. Nothing like waking up the next morning feeling like you could cough up a lung. If I ever get the chance to use canabis again, I think I'll make tea. LOL.

circe

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

circe2,

Cannabis is an hallucinogen. Some strains are stronger than others. Over here the stronger version is usually skunk, I think it originated in the Netherlands (ask Abbadon). I, like you, prefer the milder type. Then again, I love the ‘shrooms even more, & use cannabis to bring me down a bit!

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

PS, Will all you tokers add your favourite tokin' music to my thread on the subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23151&site=3#293622

Religion n.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey circe :)

ever tried cooking with cannabis? not hard on your lungs at all and it's a bit of a different high. brownies anyone? :)

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Robdar,

I smoke weed (almost never tobacco, though), I drink like the proverbial fish, I leave the bloody planet on mushrooms, but I'm also a successful businessman. So stick that in yer pipe and, erm... smoke it!

I also waste time reading books and using computers. Balls, I'm such a loser!

Religion n.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Mr Ben cy in rehab

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have had very bad experiences with stoners. It has negatively affected my life and forever my viewpoint towards drug use.

Because of these experiences, I tend to get excitable when people talk about the joys of drugs.

I want to apologize to the kind and responsible stoners posting on this board for "lumping" abusers and recreational users into one group. Please accept my apologies.

Okay. Bye.
    Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit