When Was The Last Time You Said A Prayer?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you ever pray?

Have you felt, "What the heck? It's worth a shot"?

• minimus
    minimus

I guess nobody cares to much about prayer. ( I still do it at times).

• donny
    donny

It's been well over a decade now for me.

• cantleave
    cantleave

At least 2 years ago. Can't see me ever doing it again.

• nugget
    nugget

I remember feeling so guilty if I fell asleep without praying. Having a son with aspergers by the time I get him to sleep I am often totally exhausted. Now I pray occasionally when I feel particularly moved and when I need to clarify the problem as I find it helps. I don't feel guilty if I don't pray and if there is a god out there he probably finds my irregular conversations more interesting.

• minimus
    minimus

Nugget, that was good! Irregular conversations might get God's ear a littke more than regular ones. LOL

• jay88
    jay88

It would take a lot from me to have the urge to pray,...when that urge comes I know that it's time to purge myself of thought.

It's hard to take my inner ventriloquist seriously!

• clarity
    clarity

Before the borg, I used to say "Dear God, it's me clarity blabla.."

After joining the borg, I said "jehovah God, thru christs name blabla..."

Just lately, changed evidently to "jehovah God, thru the members of the governing body, thru christs name blabla..."

So today, on top of all of this, I'm thinking, what if Christ is God? hmmm then maybe prayers should go straight to Him.

OK my brain hurts now. Sorting it out is taking too long. Think I'll just go back to line 1!

clarity

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I pray every day, though my prayers are more like conversations than "typical" prayers.

• Ding
    Ding

Clarity,

Paul prayed to Jesus in 2 Cor. 12:7-10.

Stephen prayed to Jesus in Acts 7:59-60.

If it's okay for them, it's okay for you too.

Do it how you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit