Latest apostate warning in Feb 15 2011 Watchtower

by dozy 144 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

Let's see.

The Watchtower quotes Russell.

That's meat in due season.

We quote him and it's crafty apostate thinking.

The only way a JW can be "safe" is to read only the LATEST WT publications.

The GB will let you know which old WT quotes are okay and which are apostate.

Amazing!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Ding, it's only "quoting out of context" if the quote doesn't support the Watchtower.

-Sab

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Initially, I was attracted to the so-called truths that the
    apostates spoke of.

Such as? Were the DIRECT WATCHTOWER QUOTES "Andre" likely read part of these "so-called truths"? If so, I suppose they would qualify for being called such, as quite a few of these "past truths" bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

The more I examined what they said, the more I came to think
    that I was justified in leaving Jehovah’s organization.

If "Andre" still believed it was Jehovah's organization, there would be no justifiable reason to leave. The only reason you could feel justified in leaving is if you found undeniable proof that it is NOT Jehovah's organization.

But later, as I did some research on the apostates’ arguments against Jehovah’s
    Witnesses, I became aware of how crafty the false teachers were. Information
    taken out of context was their ‘strong evidence’ against us.

Where did "Andre" do this research? In Watchtower publications? Libraries? Where? Loaded language--crafty, false teachers. What information was taken out of context? Considering some of the statements made in 2010 Watchtowers alone, I find it very hard to take any of the Society's statements out of context. The sheer boldness of the statements, taking of scriptures out of context, utter speculations--I mean, really?

The bottom line of "Andre", if he even exists, is to show JWs that yes, there are those who have already researched apostates and have proven them to be crafty liars. So the implication is, hey, we've even done THAT research for you. No need to examine apostates' statements for yourself! Ultimately, it's a roundabout way of information control. It helps to shut off the thoughts of those who might have legitimate doubts.

For me, it was stuff like this that helped me realize that the Society was afraid of apostates, of what they knew, and it was easier to tell people to avoid them than it was to drag their arguments out in the open and prove them wrong using the Bible. No one is 100% right or 100% wrong, really. As a lyrical legend once said, even a broken clock is right two times a day. The bottom line is that this religion is simply not what it claims to be, and its leaders have a long history of well-documented dishonesty, as found in direct statements from their own literature, WHEN YOU EXAMINE IT IN ITS CONTEXT.

Note: it's not apostates who warn you never to read the Watchtower; it's the Watchtower that warns you never to read apostate literature. You won't be shunned by apostates if you disagree with them, but you will be shunned by the JWs if you even legitimately question the beliefs too much.

Let's face it, Governing Body: you will not call apostates on their hand because you know they're not bluffing. It's easier for JWs to fold without looking.

I can guarantee that if "Andre" was found out by elders, he'd be DF'd if he didn't stop reading 'apostate literature'. Even if he didn't believe a word of it, or even if he told no one else of what he learned. That's all I need to know about how this really works.

-sd-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Sab!!..

Not to worry Sab..

The WBT$ will make up more imaginary people, for you to be friends with..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious

Outlaw, you better be right!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Nice breakdown sd-7.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

Andre's story is typical Watchtower -- all propaganda, no specifics.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Watch Fox News. They will be glad to do your thinking for you.
    Indeed - always watch NPR or MSNBC. They would NEVER presume to influence your thinking.

James, I have watched all and listened to NPR. Here are my observations: Fox NEWs, completely runs on the Carl Rove approach. "You are trusting, lazy thinkers. You want to listen to Papa and trust him implicitly." I have never heard anything pro democrat, progressive or liberal on Fox. Not me personally. Then there is MSNBC. I have heard criticism of Obama many times. I've heard criticism of democratic senators and congressmen. Then with MSNBC I have seen more criticism of the deplorable state of the republican party. Their approach comes from the premise that you are thinking about these things, too. NPR? I've listened to conservative guests on various programs. I know they tend to have a more moderate to libral and progressive approach, but they also cater to the intelligent, higher level thinkers. They know their listeners are mostly more educated, thinking people. They don't tend to use Rush L type theatrics to merely amuse, entertain and snow "listeners." But yeah, listening to Fox, it's basically, "Yeah, the democrats are evil and they are trying to take all of your rights. They are godless and evil and from the devil. Yeah, that's the ticket. We know you won't look into this for yourselves. You will take our commentary as gospel truth." And you know what, most of the people I know who watch it, believe it no questions. Interestingly, I used to watch Rush when I was a JW and Bill Clinton got elected. I detested Bill. I thought I agreed with Rush and I fell for his BS, but it's may nature like to think. And eventually I could see through him. I can't stand Rush now. He is a profit at any cost buffoon. MSNBC was critical of the way many democratic senators handled the health care reform issues. They also cristicized Obama for caving. I feel we all need and deserve good health care, affordable health care premiums and bills. I've had catastrophic medical bills. I've stayed away from the doctor when I needed to be in the hospital. So who do you think I am going to listen to? Greedy letches who pander to big oil, banks and health care investors? People getting rich off the stocks they hold in health care? These are the people who invest in Fox. Honestly, I don't watch or listen to anything political right now. I am disgusted by the senators who drug their feet and ruined a good beginning to health care reform.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Propaganda for sure.

Loz x

• sd-7
    sd-7

The line about information taken "out of context" especially rankles me. I spent an entire night just before my DF'ing announcement just reading Watchtower articles and gathering quotes from the WT Library CD-ROM. The Watchtower is written in such a way that taking statements out of context would very hard to do. Every apostate site I've encountered includes specific citations for any Watchtower quotes used. For anything quoted after 1950, it would be very easy to examine the context. 4Jehovah.org even goes so far as to scan the whole page from which the quote is taken and has it in .pdf for you to look right at. This is really either a case of taking one person's error--and even I myself have spoken in error about some issues--and blowing it up into a blanket statement or else it's an outright lie on the Society's part. Sticking solely with Watchtower literature, the religion falls apart like so much Babylonian liver.

-sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit