Christians?

by phoebed 32 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When the apostles went out, they had no support but themselves, they could even go weeks, perhaps months and even years without being part of a "support group" and that was the case for MANY of the early Christians.

Sure it wasn't easy, heck the first generation Christians were Jewish converts and still had the synagogues, even if only for a bit, but the gentiles had only themselves.

Jesus KNEW this would happen and he told them and we remins ourselves his words, " Where two or more gather, I am there" and, " I will be with you always, till the end of days".

We can't judge or make the call that a person is ONLY part of the Church of Christ when they are part of a group that belongs to a "building".

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

What I meant when I said that you do not have to belong officially to any church? I believe that lot of people are not comfortable to belong to a "church" - as "church buiding"- certain type of organization or denomination. I for example have a lot of dificulty to belong officialy to any organization - or denomination. There are so many. So which one is the right one?? Presbytarians? Baptists? Methodists? Pentecostals? Do you know what I mean? I believe that within all these denominations are the true Christians and false christians- depending on their personal relationship with Jesus. We are that church - we are members of the bride of Christ individually.

I happen to believe in a rapture - and Christ will come and receive to himself his "church". That is what I meant.....Do you get it better now? My English sometimes is not that good and I apologize for that.

I do not believe that any denomination is "the right one." This is where many former JWs mess up. There is not just one UNIFORM body of believers, but rather a UNIFIED body of believers (though more often than not we fight too much amongst ourselves). They all have points where they adhere to the bible and points where they do not. Where most of these denominations adhere to the bible is in essential doctrines (the Trinity, diety of Jesus, the bodily resurrection of Jesus), where they differ is issues that are non-essential (church government, pedobaptism vs. credo-baptism, speaking in tongues, the cessation of the gifts, Arminianism, Calvinism).

• designs
    designs

Which Jesus.

That's the first question that gets the ball rolling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit