by phoebed 32 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am a follower of Christ.

• phoebed
    phoebed

Chalam!!!!

Thank You brother! Jesus is Lord!

I will come back here after thanksgiving as we are going to log cabin for a week. Got to pack.

Love you all!

• phoebed
    phoebed

XJW4EVER

Amen to that!

Jesus is Lord forever !!!!! I am so happy for you!

• phoebed
    phoebed

tec,

Happy for you sister! Praise God! You do not have to belong to any church - you are that church! You also can find a good church where you feel comfortable. It is not the building that saves- it is your personal faith and relationship with Christ. Since I found Him, my life is full of miracles. I gave Him my life! I just tossed on Him all of me!

here Jesus- you are mine and i am yours. This is what I was missing when I was JW. he knocked on my door and I opened Him. Now he is with me forever - just like He promised:

" I shall be with you until the end of age."

Jesus is Lord!

• The Finger
    The Finger

I consider myself a Christian. (I don't know if Christ considers me one.)

• donuthole
    donuthole

I follow Jesus. "Found" him at a Kingdom Hall strangely enough and the rest is history. Feel free to PM me.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Phoebed...

I would be interested in discussing why you believe that one lone person can constitute "the church"?...

the church is a body of believers...one is a member of the body and said body of united members is considered "the church". according to your (and others) suggestion any one that names Jesus Christ is "the church"...without being united to any but Jesus Christ. how can one honestly call oneself a united member in a body without actually being part of a support?...

can you find scriptural support that states that "the church" or "the body" could ever be construed as a single individual?

love michelle

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am like you myelaine. I do not understand how one person can constitute a church. Right now, due to the economic disaster that is happening in California, my wife and I have had to take jobs that require us to work on Sundays. Due to this, we have not been able to attend a church service in about 3 months. Though we have strong prayer and devotional lives, what we both miss is fellowship with other believers, and partaking in The Lord's Supper with the church.

• tec
    tec

I don't think one person can constitute a church either. But I think one person can be part of the church/body of Christ without belonging to a 'church group' or congregation.

Tammy

• phoebed
    phoebed

Hey guys,

What I meant when I said that you do not have to belong officially to any church? I believe that lot of people are not comfortable to belong to a "church" - as "church buiding"- certain type of organization or denomination. I for example have a lot of dificulty to belong officialy to any organization - or denomination. There are so many. So which one is the right one?? Presbytarians? Baptists? Methodists? Pentecostals? Do you know what I mean? I believe that within all these denominations are the true Christians and false christians- depending on their personal relationship with Jesus. We are that church - we are members of the bride of Christ individually.

I happen to believe in a rapture - and Christ will come and receive to himself his "church". That is what I meant.....Do you get it better now? My English sometimes is not that good and I apologize for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit