Watchtower is voice of Jehovah

by lostsheep82 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

I don't know how to copy and paste properly on here but I stopped research almost a year ago. Started reading a few things in magazines again cause my mom is harping on me about the new Jan 2011 Watchtower stating that JW's are only true religion. Then I found this quote in Sept 15, 2010 WT page 13 para 8. "Thus, what is taught is not from men, but Jehovah". I can't believe they still write that. I called my mom and argued over this. How could they say that what the WT writes is from Jehovah. I am going in circles here because they are trying to replace God and Jesus IMO. They state in so many places, that we NEED the WT and the organization to mediate and I say Jesus is the only mediator, and they twist it. Is there any way of making these people realize SOMETHING? ANYTHING? Everythign I throw at them, they dispute. My mom runs to my step dad who is very well versed in the bible and then they reply back going, "read the rest of the article, in pentacost 33 the faithful slave was anointed....yada yada" but they don't answer HOW THEY KNOW that in 1914 they were anointed? I mean, I thought they got rid of the 1914 thing, but it's right back in the WT! I DON'T GET IT!

It still frustrates me the BS they publish in the magazines. Makes me want to cry!

the apostles and older men who were in Je-rusalem."—Acts 15:6, 19-22; 16:4.

8 Similarly today, a Governing Body com-posed of spirit-anointed Christians contrib-utes to the unity of the worldwide con-gregation. The Governing Body publishesspiritually encouraging literature in manylanguages. This spiritual food is based onGod’s Word. Thus, what is taught is notfrom men but from Jehovah.Isa. 54:13.

9 Christian overseers also promote unity

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

ATTOT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Somehow, they are not "prophets", they are not "inspired" and they don't "hear" God's voice.

Yet, when they print something, it's not their thoughts, but Jehovah's thoughts.

Makes perfect sense, "evidently".

Actually, it makes CENTS, not sense.

• carvin
    carvin

ls82 I'm sure most of us here can relate to what you are going through, I know I do. The fact that they get you so upset is part of their "plan". They indoctaronate their followers so fully that when you point out something so plain to see and they don't see it, it does two things. First it makes their followers feel that they are special and can see the "real truth" while we can't. Second, it frustrates us and they then try and use that frustration to convince us thet they are right and we need to change. Case in point when they have a doctrinal change you can ask if they made a mistake or did god? This argument can be short or go on for hours and will end up with the excuse that the WT is printed by men and men are imperfect so you can't blame god. But at the same time they are dirrected by god so you can't blame them. And in their mind that is normal.

• carla
    carla

I couldn't agree more with your post, had it many times myself with my jw. Just hit your head against a wall and when you stop it will feel so much better, easier than trying to have a logical conversation with a jw and often less painful.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes...that is what they teach, all right...

The old dubs who have been through the mill and back will read between the lines because they know that the writing committee compose the articles and a different staff writer next week will give another slant.

The WT wants you to accept what they say as "from God", of course they do, it is control. They have always given mixed messages according to the subject. When they want the flock to obey, the teaching is from God, when they have to explain a change of belief - the old teaching was the sincere reasoning of imperfect men.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Watchtower is the voice of "their" Jehovah. But "their" Jehovah is always changing directions and cracking the whip.

They can have him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower is Written By Idiots..

This little boy,has just visited Bethel..

http://confusiussays.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/iseestupidpeople.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

Once a person accepts that the WTS speaks for Jehovah, re-examining that conclusion is painful and frightening.

What amazes me is that when faced with all the errors of the WTS, the same JWs defend them on the grounds that they are just fallible men.

Which is it JWs?

Their words are Jehovah's or their words are their own?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You have to stop telling them stuff.

Firstly, they are trained not to listen. They are trained to listen for your mistakes and to pounce on them.

Secondly ........... you don't know your stuff well enough.

.... but they don't answer HOW THEY KNOW that in 1914 they were anointed?

This is not a claim they make. If you ask a Dub a question, it has to be spot on. One tiny loophole and they will leap through it, and/or attack your character and motive.

Just ask how they know that "Watchtower is voice of Jehovah" then questions like 'when did this happen?' etc.. to get them to give you the date (1919), then question how they arrive at the date etc..

When you get to a question they don't want to answer they will try all manner of diversion tactics, character assassination etc.. to weasel their way out of answering your question.

They must answer your question. You have the right question. Don't let them rephrase it before they answer it.

Take control. Do not answer their question.

Your question is important because if you don't have an answer that you can give to a householder, minister, priest, English teacher, mathematician etc. you will not be banging on doors preaching something that you can not support. Seeing as the WT teaches them that their god is going to kill you if you are not a door knocking Dub, that should be pretty good incentive to get their arse into gear and answer your question. Remind them if need be.

If they use a tactic that you have heard them decry in another religion, point it out and act offended that they should use that tactic on their own offspring. They brought you up to believe in truth and honesty and to despise double standards and now they should feel guilty every time they break their own rules.

If they make a claim that the WT (or anything else) says something you doubt, ask them to show you a copy to prove it. They must prove everything.

If you really want to show them something from a WT/whatever, try to use something on their own bookshelf or WTCD and make them read it to you and then explain it to you. That way you are not telling them anything.

You don't have to 'win'. You only have to make them think.

You can tell cult members they are wrong until you're blue in the face and it will get you nowhere. They have to tell you they are wrong .... and they can't do that if you are doing all the talking.

I hope that helps

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit