Watchtower is voice of Jehovah

by lostsheep82 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I am going in circles here because they are trying to replace God and Jesus IMO

Correct.

Now, you need to ask your questions so that it is them that go in circles, then point that out to them.

The circle they will go in usually includes the WT being selected, at which point you ask...."When?" then "How do you prove it?" and let them do the circle again.

If you have ever heard them slag off someone else for circular reasoning, remind them every time they complete their circle.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I've heard this said before. and it was one of the first (many first things) I called into questions. They repeatedly say the watchtower isn't inspired. So if it isn't INSPIRED OF GOD, how can it be the voice of God? Isn't that the same thing? Silly stupid people!

• Mandette
    Mandette

I gave up trying to discuss(argue)it with my mom. Just once I mentioned the "generation" change. She got very nasty. They're all a bunch of hamsters on a wheel that's going nowhere. It's just not worth my energy to try to make them see how utterly deceived they are. Just like they've got the "freedom" to make their own decisions, so do I. And I decided NOT to let it eat me alive. I shake my head when they say Dub-speak. And I ignore it. Otherwise it'll drive me crazy. And I refuse to let them have that power!

M

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ehhhh, no need to worry about them (may you all have peace!).

“‘How can YOU men say: “We are wise, and the law of [Jehovah] is with us”? Surely, now, the false stylus of the secretaries has worked in sheer falsehood. The wise ones have become ashamed. They have become terrified and will be caught. Look! They have rejected the very word of Jehovah, and what wisdom do they have? Therefore I shall give their wives to other men, their fields to those taking possession; for, from the least one even to the greatest one, each one is making unjust gain; from the prophet even to the priest, each one is acting falsely. And they try to heal the breakdown of the daughter of my people lightly, saying: “There is peace! There is peace!” when there is no peace. Did they feel shame because they had done even what was detestable? For one thing, they positively could not feel ashamed; for another thing, they did not know even how to feel humiliated. ‘Therefore they will fall among those who are falling. In the time of their being given attention, they will stumble,’ [Jehovah] has said." Jeremiah 8:8-12

From their own Bible, no less. Too bad they haven't heeded the warning, YET:

"To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh." Ecclesiastes 12:12

Too bad, too bad... indeed.

What to do? HEED another warning... and GET OUT OF HER. That is, if you do not wish to share in her sins... and thus, receive her plagues.

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• moshe
    moshe

Interestingly, they seem to have dropped the pretense that the GB is directed by the Faith and Discreet Slave in that Sept15/10 WT. It's probably a trial balloon to see, if any JWs notice the omission and complain about it. Well, they won't notice the change, because they are dunderheads

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

@ OUTLAW-very funny!

I guess frustration just over takes me with this religion. I made my decision not to go back, because I don't believe it, but I have this nagging drive to help those that are still in. Makes me want to scream how they control peoples lives.

• Ding
    Ding

I think back to the time when I started studying with JWs.

What a difference between these two formulations of the same idea (if I had just stopped to think about it):

Impressive version: "You need to join Jehovah's faithful and discreet slave organization, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society."

Actual meaning: "You need to turn complete control of your life over to two men in Brooklyn -- Nathan Knorr and Fred Franz -- because they speak for God even when they're wrong."

• life is to short
    life is to short

Outlaw your great.

It is the same for me trying to talk to my husband. He has been throwing at me that Manassen was a horrible leader of the God's people but when he got old he turned around and Jehovah blessed him thus even though there are horrible people in Jehovah's "true" religion they could turn around at some point that we do not know and do the right thing. Thus we have to listen to the WT because we do not know who the Manassen's are.

OMG I just want to scream. So if a Manassen elder lets a child be rapped now it is OK. Well Manassen let his own children be killed to the pagan God's and Jehovah still found favor with him latter on so yes if an elder lets a child be molested then so be it?

I hate this religion.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit