Awake! Quotes Jerry Bergman

by jabberwock 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would think they ARE that clueless.

Why would a typical Awake! writer know about Jerry Bergman, the apostate, if he's following the party line and has never read apostate literature?

And if he's a good and established writer for the Borg, it is likely that his article was rubber-stamped by his superior after a mere cursory skimming.

I can see this slipping through completely unnoticed.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Most r&f won't know who he is and the book was co-authored so that's another excuse for wts.

I wonder if wts keeps a list of apostates who are more prominent in the world. In fact do they keep a list of any of us who left of were df for apostasy? If local congregation knows who we are, isn't it possible for some wts personal have list of names? Just wondering

• steve2
    steve2

From memory, most of his earlier anti-Jw writings were under the assumed name of Havor Montague (spelling?) - so it's possible that his lesser known name, Jerry Bergman, escaped the Awake! editors' notice.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Having verified myself that they quoted from a book that denies Jesus was the Christ and then concealed that from their readers, this is meaningless by comparison. But yeah, I doubt anyone would have noticed. Certainly most Awake readers would have no idea, not because they're not intelligent, but because researching authors quoted in the literature usually doesn't occur to most people.

-sd-7

• Ding
    Ding

Yesterday, Johannes Greber...

Today, Jerry Bergman...

Tomorrow, Randy Watters?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I just found his email address and sent him a message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit