Awake! Quotes Jerry Bergman

by jabberwock 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wonder if he knows abou being quoted by the Watchtower. Does anyone know how to contact him?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Crazy! Writing department screw-up or free mind thinker?

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

That's hilarious. I wonder what Jerry thinks about it. Has anyone talked to him about this? I think this is so darn funny.

• life is to short
  • undercover
    undercover
    WT quotes an infamous known apostate to support their doctrine.
    This guy is a Barbara Anderson/Jim Penton-level big league apostate.
    this is a HUGE... BLATANT... UNDENIABLE example of hypocrisy and one of the most obvious I've ever seen.

Was Bergman a JW at one time? I knew he was a critic but I didn't know he was an ex-JW. I'd like confirmation on that...

If he is an ex-JW then I agree that quoting him is blantant hypocrisy...not that we should be too surprised anymore.

But if he's not an ex-JW, in other words, not an apostate...but just a critic, then quoting him on something out of the realm of his critiques of the religion isn't too much of a stretch. They've quoted Carl Sagan. They quote governmental officials. They quote other religious notables. And let's face it.... qouting most anyone outside of the WT faith is pretty much quoting a critic of the JW faith...

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

"I wonder if he knows abou being quoted by the Watchtower. Does anyone know how to contact him?"

That was the first question I asked after reading this post. Someone should point him in the right direction and have him go after them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They will quote (or miss quote) anybody if it suits their purpose...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Dr. Bergman is a former JW.

http://thejehovahswitnesses.org/jehovahs-witnesses-mental-illness.php

Someone (mole or conscious class) sending a message?

Syl

• sir82
    sir82

I'd be willing to bet he has no idea they've quoted him.

I'd bet even more he'll raise holy hell once he finds out.

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks, Sylvia...

I went to the jw-org site and looked at the article in question. It actually says his name...

I almost have to wonder if they knew who they were quoting. Could it be that someone didn't make the connection...or even knew? Could they be that clueless??? Or do they just have balls the size of Jehovah's chariot wheels?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit