Awake! Quotes Jerry Bergman

by jabberwock 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jabberwock
  • jabberwock
    jabberwock

The January 2011 issue of Awake! quotes Jerry Bergman, a noted critic of Jehovah's Witnesses, in the article "The Inverted Retina" part of the "Was It Designed?" series. The quote is from an article he co-authored with ophthalmologist Joseph Calkins, which can be found here. While, he wasn't quoted as a critic of Jehovah's Witnesses, but as a critic of evolution, I find it interesting that a Watchtower publication would quote him at all.

Do you think that this is an oversight or was the quote permitted because it was not related to his writings about the Witnesses?

Also, I was unable to find out whether Jerry Bergman himself was ever a Witness. One source said that he was raised as a Witness, but did not give any further details. Does anyone else know?

• garyneal
    garyneal

This is indeed interesting.

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS quotes Christendom and worldly sources as authorities whenever they appear to agree with the WTS on anything.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    The WTS quotes Christendom and worldly sources as authorities whenever they appear to agree with the WTS on anything.

Not just Christendom and other worldly sources...

Johannes Greber

The New Testament by Johannes Greber

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt is like a crack addict; it takes support wherever it can find it. Only later does it spout recriminations.

S

• cyberjesus
  • agonus
    agonus

No, they're the same guy - look at the bio

• agonus
    agonus

Northwest State College, Archbold, OH - yep, that's him. WT quotes an infamous known apostate to support their doctrine. Unfuckingbelievable. There is nothing they will not prostitute themselves to for support.

Jerry Bergman on Freeminds

And this is an Awake (public) rag.

Folks, this is a HUGE... BLATANT... UNDENIABLE example of hypocrisy and one of the most obvious I've ever seen. Unless they didn't realize who they were quoting, but I doubt even they aren't that colossally idiotic.

Seriously, we need to keep bumping this thread for the sake of lurkers.

• agonus
    agonus

This guy is a Barbara Anderson/Jim Penton-level big league apostate. Unless I'm mistaken. I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit