Why can pioneers count time working on WT construction but not looking after orphans, widows, the hungry, the thirsty or the homeless?

by yesidid 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The WT is all about what benefits the WT.

And that is the long and short of EVERYTHING they do.

Man, we were so blinded!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    It is about control. Compassion has absolutely nothing to do with it (nor Christ, for that matter.)

Baba, isn't that the saddest thing. I'm still coming to grips with that fact. Sadly, I was a true believer.

y

• life is to short
    life is to short

I quit said (I remember working on a hall they were building with a friend of mine. When he told an elder from my hall he wouldn't be able to make it the next day because his wife was pregnant the elder ask him what was more important Jehovah's work or his family. At least the guy had the sense to spend the following day with his wife and not listen to that idiot.)

My husband thinks like the elder did. When we bought our home my husband was so busy being an elder all of our new neighbors thought I was single and my husband was my boyfriend who would spend the nights sometimes. I begged and begged my husband to help me move but the religion was first over me. The pain is still there.

OTWO you are right about what you said here (Even in some of the answers here, I see the effect that WTS has had on us. "Counting time" becomes the all-important thing to a JW. After freeing ourselves, IMHO we should not be wondering why we couldn't count time doing good deeds when pioneers were credited for WT constructions. We know what their real reasons are, so we should be clear that "counting time" was part of the dangerous mind-control and we should be declaring that WTS interferes with truly good deeds by placing a heavy burden on the members to do "their" bidding. )

The problem is for those of us who have left mentally is that we still have family members in. My husband still goes out in service and takes the baby rapists proctors with him in my car. So I am paying gas and repairs on my car to hull around people who side with child rapist over me. I was molested as a child, it hurts to no end that I have to have people in my car who see nothing wrong with children being molested. So that is where my anger comes in.

When I tell my husband that it is unfair and hateful for him to hull these scum of people around he says Jehovah demands it of him. I just want to scram. I even had him read CoC on the door to door work and Ray's take on it. He read it and said Ray makes good sense and he agrees that the door to door work is not a productive way to reach people but it is the main way the FDS says to do it so he must do it this way.

My feelings and my safety do not matter to him only the door to door work as he needs cars which has good snow tires on in and I get the truck with bald ties on it to go anywhere when he is out trying to convert people.

I am like try to convert me back spend your time with me but no strangers are more important.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit