Requirements for Watch Tower Reader

by garlic81 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

Once in a while privileges are given out to "encourage" the brothers to do more.

• donuthole
    donuthole

If you want off the list stutter uncontrollably.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Primary qualification: A penis.

Good point! Why women can't read is beyond me... I'd rather listen to a girl read that garbage than most of the guys there that read like they are something special. You know the type. They give their reading a dramatic flair...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

perhaps you have a "sponsor"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The holy spirit must have selected you.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Garlic said:

Does anyone know the requirements that should be met for someone to have this privilege [of being the Watchtower Reader]? I have been added to the list and don't feel I meet the requirements.

average service is 3-6 hours

never comment

only go to about 3/4 of the meetings

Sabastious answered:

It could be their way of asking you to "reach out."

You hit the nail right square on the head, Sabastious. Having kept an eye on Garlic for a long, long time now the Elders see you as a person that isn't progressing as you should be. In spite of all their admonition and reminders (trying to build a fire under you) they haven't gotten any reaction out of you. They know that unless they give you a push you'll remain stagnant. They see you as a person who is content to let them carry the burdens of keeping the meetings going, while you sit there idle and enjoy watching them work. They see an injustice in that. They see it as being comparable to you and them being hired to pick cotton out in the hot sun, and at the end of the day they are all tired and sweaty and have a load of cotton but you sat under the shade tree with nothing to show for it. And yet you get paid as much as they do, even though you didn't do any of the work. So they got screwed, ya see? Such an injustice! So what the real deal is, is that they have an unwritten policy that says: "Unless Pokey progresses along with the Congregation then Pokey will find himself on the outside, one way or another". Since it doesn't look to them like you will ever leave on your own, then the idea is to give you a push towards the "Exit" door. By literally forcing you to have a share in handling some responsibilities, and if your heart is not right (which they already suspect that it isn't) then they know that you will finally grow tired of the assignments -- doing what you didn't want to do in the first place -- and you'll quit on your own. Hence, you found yourself on the outside just as they predicted.

Did I hit the nail square on the head, boys and girls, or not?

• shepherd
    shepherd

As mentioned before, it varies from congregation to congregation. But you can't have a beard because Jesus hated having a beard when he was on earth. It itched and smelt funny after a lamb kebab or some dried fish. So Jesus directed the GB to ban beards.........

• booby
    booby

If you read the "instructions" on this, along with other qualifications being a good reader is an important consideration. Bin there done that.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

The clear message is: "Either progress or get out. We have no room for procrastinators." (I'm speaking from experience, by the way.)

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You hit it it square on the head, Pallbearer. Maybe that's why people started ignoring ME... and I was a damn good reader...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit