Requirements for Watch Tower Reader

by garlic81 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garlic81
    garlic81

Does anyone know the requirements that should be met for someone to have this privilege? I have been added to the list and don't feel I meet the requirements.

• sabastious
    sabastious

You have to be a brother in good standing. That means you have average or above average field service (about 9 hours/month) and you are regular at the meetings as well as a regular commenter.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

If you don't feel this site is directly ran by Satan the Devil then you don't meet the requirements

-Sab

• garlic81
    garlic81

average service is 3-6 hours

never comment

only go to about 3/4 of the meetings

• sabastious
    sabastious

They must need readers. That happens all the time.

-Sab

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's not a privilege. It's a pain in the ass. I suggest you stop commenting at all meetings and reduce your field circus activity. This might get you off the list.

Hope this helps.

W

• garlic81
    garlic81

We have over 10 elders in our hall and several m.s. Also several more "exempelry" brothers are being used that aren't MS or elder. I don't know how I would've got selected...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Also, being put in the "Watchtower reading" pool means they have their eye on you for "grooming" to be a MS eventually. It could be their way of asking you to "reach out."

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You also have to be a halfway decent reader. Depending on the Hall, some elder bodies won't allow foreign brothers read even if their broken english is pretty decent. Funny as ever when you sit in an elder meeting watching grown men argue whether or not a brother's broken english is acceptable for the meeting. Sometimes the arguing parties on the elder body come to an agreement, and let the foreign brother read at the Congregation Bible Study, but won't allow him to read at the "public" WT study. I'm thinking to myself, how is it that he can't read at the "public" WT study, when there's never anybody from the "public" there anyway? The WT study and public talk audience is still 99.9% the publishers from the congregation.

• sir82
    sir82

Primary qualification: A penis.

All other requirements are negotiable and vary from congregation to congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit