Reinstated Males Serving as Ass'y Attendants

by doinmypart 20 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

At the circuit assembly this weekend I noticed two guys reinstated within the last year were both serving as Attendants. I thought brothers had to be "exemplary" to do that kind of work. Have the requirements changed? Or is the Society desperately in need of males to do work?

• dgp
    dgp

I don't actually know the answer to your question.

But, a reflection is in order. I think I can say that the Watchtower has some "exemplary" males serving as members of the Governing Body, and apparently no one is disturbed. It is an in Soviet Russia: "You can't complain".

• mamalove
    mamalove

probably had a lack of willing "brothers"

• blondie
    blondie

Based on who gets used around here, they are desperate. Made elders: wife beater and another who is an alcoholic (known).

I thought it was one year before they could be used or appointed as an MS and minimum of 5 years to be reappointed an elder.

• sherah
    sherah

I've seen this as well. They are using boys in the sound booth at the KH, newly baptised and reinstated men and the 'weird' brothers. Desperate indeed.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If I'm not out by the time our next ASSembly rolls around I will refuse to volunteer.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good news. They are running out of qualified "brothers", yet they refuse to even look at "sisters" running anything. Were I running the show, I would start looking at having "sisters" running things even before things got that desperate--some of them are qualified to run the sound, pass the mics, count money (and even run the whole account show), hand out littera-trash and rags, work the lost and found, and just about every department where high physical strength is not required.

This is what they get for being male chauvinist PIGS. They are looking for children (which I think should be used last, mostly because they need to be children but also because they are not physically strong enough for many tasks that adults can handle) and recently reinstated men because they do not even want to look at "sisters". I wonder how long it will be before a known pedophile is going to be handling duties involving children--or, worse yet, a known baby eater. All the while, many capable "sisters" are left out.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Attendant is one rung on the ladder above being in charge of cleaning the toilets. If you are reinstated, you are exemplary enough for that "privilege." Some of the individual congregations may wait longer than others to "use" such a person for such a weighty responsibility as seating and counting, but most probably just sign baptized brothers up to do these things.

• Mary
    Mary

As long as you have a dinger, you'll always be more 'qualified' for doing shit for the Borg that being dingerless.

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

In our congregation they used sisters to monitor the cameras as part of car park duty which the brothers should do. They had to wear a head scarf upon their heads as a means of respect & as a show of submission. They really did look stupid... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit