Why do we call Jehovah by his first name and not our parents?

by life is to short 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I never thought of that but it's a very good point.

I'll just have to start calling him dad or Mr. Jehovah now, or better yet I just won't talk to him at all.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Agreed. We called each other Brother or Sister So and So instead of by their first names in the KH. Calling them by their first name was considered disrespectful.
    But, what about the shortened version of Jehovah that the JW's like to use? I always thought calling him "Jah" (as in...praise Jah with me) was disrespectful. We can call the Heavenly Father by a nickname of sorts, but we can't call each other by their first names in the KH.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The whole religion is nothing without the name. "Father" just doesn't cut it when it comes to scaring people into submission.

The Witchtower has taken the most powerful word in Kabbalah and Masonry and built a mind-control religion out of it. In Kabbalah, Jah-Chavah or Iod-Havah is the male and female aspects of God. If you leave out the female part, you get a narcissist war-god who makes for a great obedience cult. The big chauvinist jackass in the sky. This is exactly what is wrong with the Western world.

The Jews had the Shikinah, and she resided in the Most Holy. There is the Sophia-Wisdom of Proverbs, a most feminine entity, which the Witchtower has turned into a "Master Worker" fable of Jehovah supplying the blueprints to Jesus to create the universe, who had all the tools and the know-how. They took the Holy Spirit and reduced her to the impersonal energy of gravity and electromagnetics and called it "God's active force". So, while everything in creation is obviously the result of the union of male and female, somehow two males created everything.

In actuality, I know that they have merely continued, expanded upon, and reinforced the "error" of the Catholic Church, which was deliberate. Is it any wonder that the WT won't let women teach in the congregation?

~PS

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

All religions have a hub around which they base their beliefs. The Seventh Day Adventists worship on Saturday; the Latter-day Saints believe their faith is based on modern apostles and prophets. The Jehovah's Witnesses base their religion on the use of the divine name in their worship, and the churches of Christ believe that the true religion can be established through a tenacious study of the scriptures, not deviating in any way from what the holy writ teaches. "When the Bible speaks, we speak," Alexander Campbell said. "Where the Bible is silent, we are silent!" So with that in mind, they kicked out the organ and all musical instruments (because they're not mentioned in the Bible), and they sing without accompaniment.

The Catholics cling to Peter, fulfilling an ancient apocraphal writing, and the Orthodox believe in scripture and tradition, condemning the Catholic "innovations" that grew up over the years. But they pray to saints and worship religious icons. Meanwhile, the evangelicals and pentacoastals treat the Bible as a handbook, written to anyone who reads it. But the Bible doesn't teach how a baptism is to be performed, who may perform the ordinance, how the Holy Spirit is to be conferred and who may do that. It doesn't teach how the various officers should be performed and how they are to be ordained and by whom, nor does it outline how a church is to be established.

In the end, it's up to each to determine what is truth. What I find detestable, however, is for any religion to have a doctrine of damnation for all others who don't believe as they do. The JWs are just another manmade religion with a pitch -- and one I don't find particularly compelling.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s do..Whatever the WBT$ tells them to do..

Jehobot Witness..

http://www.adamdorman.com/_images/3d_tin_robot.jpg

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• loosie
    loosie

I guess JW's think they are on a first name basis with god.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

If memory serves me right, Jesus only addressed God as Father...as mentioned earlier, he taught us to pray by starting with "Our FATHER who art in heaven..." If using the name Jehovah was so critical to our worship, why didn't the one who set the pattern for our worship, Jesus, use that personal name?

• therevealer
    therevealer

They use his first name because these guys tell them to

• therevealer
    therevealer

Do you think Jaracz has a nicer smile post resurrection? Apparently he drops in every Wednesday.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I wouldn`t buy a Used Car from one of these Clowns..Most Jehovah`s Witness`s have no Idea who they are..

Why would you let someone you don`t know..Run your Life?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit