What religion does Steven Hassan practices?

by cyberjesus 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

That's why Atheism is the bestest. No nonsense, just logic.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I guess that after todays interview his religious beliefs are clear.

I wonder what makes him believe in God... and if he has thought that belief in a deity is a form of thought control

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I wonder whether somewhere on the internet, there is a forum of people who have exited political cults debating whether Steve is republican, democrat or otherwise and whether he votes. Equally irrelevant.

If Steve was a fundy I would be concerned, but he is not. By the way, I would be equally concerned if he was a fundamentalist atheist, in common with many on this forum.

• wobble
    wobble

Mickey dear Mickey, what on earth is a fundamentalist atheist ?

We may need to start anew thread for this.

I presume you do not like R,Dawkins and Hitchens etc ? you don't have to like them, but can you show me words they have spoken that are false ?

Fundie christians muslims and others are to be feared,they KILL people, dear posh Dawkins and his ilk are no threat unless your faith is as shallow as the average JW's.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I would use the term 'fundamentalist atheist' to describe those atheists who are intolerant of other people's religious beliefs and conclude they cannot be rational or intelligent.

I have nothing against atheists in general. Or Christians. I do have an issue with bigots.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I wonder whether somewhere on the internet, there is a forum of people who have exited political cults debating whether Steve is republican, democrat or otherwise and whether he votes. Equally irrelevant

Perhaps if he was a political counselor his beliefs wouldnt be relevant either.....

Let me understand this...... You come to say that you are not interested in knowing whats his religion in a thread thats exactly what is about?

I came to tell you that I am not interested in this thread.

• zound
    zound

My theory is that Steve doesn't believe in god, but for the sake of his clients he goes along pretending he does.

If you think about it - an atheist is pretty much the devil to people in hgh control religious groups. The important thing is getting people out of thr group, then they can have the freedom of mind to make their own decisions.

If they knew that he was an atheist it would make his job ten times harder as they would trust him less.

Just my theory.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    CyberJesus - I think I saw a video stating he is now jewish?

That is hilarious. I don't think you can change what nationality you were born.

I asked Steven what to tell people when they request guidance on "where to go next." He advised to tell them of the improtance of educating themselves, and learn the history of religion in general, before making any changes.

• zound
    zound

Hey JWfacts - I sent you an email through your site a few days ago, did you get that?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I meant he practiced judaism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit