So my Dad is finally out... And I'm as mad as hell!

by artemis.design 24 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

It's not unusual for a family member to be mad at a parent or spouse who suddenly sees the light about the WT- the anger is, "why didn't you figure this out 30 years ago- it's not like you weren't warned!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I would talk to your dad and keep the topic on how the wts always begs for $$$ and makes the cong pay interest on loans. bring up what happened when the cong in bonham texas didn't want to turn over the kh to the wt the wt took them to court, ask what happens if the cong don't send enough money to branch office for mag's , mortage, loans, etc. why is the nov wt always begging jw's to donate everything they got to the wts. the list goes on and on . how the wt will use any means nessary to get their money., since it's money that's pissing your dad off I would stick on that subject. THE DOG

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

ASK YOUR DAD WHY the wts didn't help out the local bros. with their $billions WHY DIDN'T THE WTS SEND THEM FOOD STUFFS AND HELP PAY THEIR RENT ETC. when these bros. were broke? I would have a field day talking to your dad about the wts and MONEY. HE would even be more pissed at the jw's than he is now !!!! use this angle , and learn about wts money scandels. you got a topic that's in the mansd heart USE IT...

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Hey Artemis. First of all, congratulations on having a family member see the light. I know you're angry, and it's completely understandable. Please tread lightly...your father can easily be pushed back into the comfort of the borg (ie not having to think for himself) if you give him too much too soon.

Every person has a reason their eyes are opened, in this case it was monetary. Please try to let go of the anger for years passed, and understand that your father was not his own man during these years. I would take just one day of having my (non-cult-controlled) mother back to mend our differences...this may be your chance to set things right and rebuild your relationship during your father's twilight years.

Best of luck.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Arte....

How two-faced of your dad....

I agree with those who said, "Approach with caution."... Let your dad show that HE'S gotten over the effects of the Watchtower Society; don't go rushing over there just 'cause he's no longer the Kingdom Hall's "golden-haired ATM machine"...

I don't know the details of the situation, but your concern that your dad might just turn around and jump back into the JW's as soon as the situation swings back in his favor - if it ever does - that sounds like a valid concern on your part.

If he deliberately caused problems for you, not just following the 'cult-think', I'd be VERY cautious around him. Let him know that he caused problems for you; let him know that his behavior was UN-CHRISTIAN as Hell!!! And that it "stumbled" you, to quite an extent - just to 'frost the cake' a little bit...

Proceed with caution. Don't cut him off entirely, but it sounds like he's still under 'cult-think'... NOT a good person to hang around with...

I hope the situation works out well, in spite of my misgivings...

Zid she devil smiley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit