Is Annihilation of the Unrepentant Wicked Justice?

by Ding 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Jam,

RAPE IS NOT IN THE BIBLE

It is true that rape is never the will of God although it is found in scripture. See Judges 19:25. As for Deut 20, yes, woman and children of of hostile foreign cities were to be spared, and not left unprotected after their men were killed. But they were not to be raped or abused.

As this is somewhat off topic, I could recommend a number of good commentaries if you are interested in the subject.

I assume that as a vet, you do believe that killing in war is sometimes necessary. Do you also believe that capital punishment is sometimes warrented?

Vander

• jam
    jam

yes I believe capital punishment..

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

RAPE IS NOT IN THE BIBLE

Of course it is. Taking young virgins of conquered nations as wives, for instance. There are also regualations in the Mosaic Law regarding rape. It's there.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<RAPE IS NOT IN THE BIBLE>>

<<Of course it is. Taking young virgins of conquered nations as wives, for instance. There are also regualations in the Mosaic Law regarding rape. It's there.>>

Taking young virgins and marrying them isn't rape....last time I checked. Are you suggesting these young virgins did not want to marry? If so, how do you know this? And please supply the passages that regulate rape in the Mosaic law.

Vander

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Taking young virgins and marrying them isn't rape....last time I checked. Are you suggesting these young virgins did not want to marry? If so, how do you know this? And please supply the passages that regulate rape in the Mosaic law.

True, it's kidnapping first. THEN it's rape.

And no, I am not suggesting it, I am saying it. History is filled with examples of women taken against their will....unless...unless of course you are suggesting the Israelite virgins captured by the Babylonians WANTED to go and the Hebrews WANTED to be enslaved by the Egyptians or the Africans WANTED to be enslaved and captured by the white man or the native american women WANTED to be captured and kept by the white men.

And as for the Mosaic Law, check out Deuteronomy 22:28-29, " If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

Or Deuteronomy 22:23-24, "If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"Taking young virgins and marrying them isn't rape....last time I checked. Are you suggesting these young virgins did not want to marry? If so, how do you know this? And please supply the passages that regulate rape in the Mosaic law."

<<True, it's kidnapping first. THEN it's rape.>>

Unless you provide a passage which shows that these Israelites raped the women they married, or that God/the law permitted this, you are simply making assumptions.

Or Deuteronomy 22:23-24, "If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife."

Yes the death penalty applied to adulterers under the law. But since consensual sex has nothing to do with rape, it appears you are simply looking for verses to express your bias against and contempt of scripture. You are obviously not interested in dialogue, just in condemning.

Vander

• jam
    jam

Vander; Yes I am interested on the subject. Who do you recommend.

Sorry friends, My post Rape is not in the Bible, what I was saying is the WORD

rape is not in the Bible, defile is use..

• Ding
    Ding

Jam,

It depends on which Bible translation you're using.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Jam,

<<Vander; Yes I am interested on the subject. Who do you recommend.>>

Matthew Henry is one of my favorites. Here try:

http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?language=en&query=Deut+20%3A14§ion=1&translation=nas&oq=John%25203%3A16&new=1&sr=1&nb=joh&ng=3&ncc=3

Vander

• jam
    jam

Thanks Vander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit