Is Annihilation of the Unrepentant Wicked Justice?

by Ding 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serein
    serein

i asked once an elder what would happen to hitler when paradise came, being as he was saying when u die everyone gets a second chance, he said hel come back and live cos he died and paid for his sin, i said thats not right, i dont think he will,he said he will,so then i man who kills millions lives in paradise but me who had blood to save may life and be with my kids and wont repent for it wont,

• OBVES
    OBVES

You will not teach God who is the Just God what is just or what is not just.

Soul that sins it shall die - Ezekiel 18.4.

Hitler would do almost nothing by himself without those who served him blindly .

What if it turns out that you are not a saved person ? You are waiting for the day when you will be tormeneted in hell ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Soul that sins it shall die - Ezekiel 18.4.

AKA humans die... because we're human.

Sin is a fabrication of man.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

For those who believe that God exists, what do you think of the original topic in the thread: Would annihilation of the unrepentant wicked be justice?

• Ding
    Ding

Sab,

You wrote, "Sin is a fabrication of man."

Does this mean there's no objective standard by which we can say that Hitler did anything wrong?

Is it all a matter of "the winners get to define right and wrong"?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ding

For those who believe that God exists, what do you think of the original topic in the thread: Would annihilation of the unrepentant wicked be justice?

You used the word "Unrepentant". What does that mean to you? Most people today see it as meaning simply NOT SORRY.

• designs
    designs

The only thing you know for certain when you look at a corpse or a mummy or a fossilized remain is that they are pretty damn dead.

And if you are hearing voices from the great beyond well....................

• Ding
    Ding

I'm really surprised no one has stepped forward to defend annihilation of the unrepentant wicked as justice, given that this is what people on this forum taught and believed for years as JWs.

In fact, many people become JWs in part because they prefer annihilationism to the doctrines of everlasting conscious punishment and/or purgatory (temporary conscious punishment followed by salvation).

Doesn't anyone here believe annihilation of the wicked (with or without temporary conscious punishment after death) provides justice?

Deputy Dog,

I used "unrepentant" so as to refer to people who did not turn from their sins and put their faith in Jesus, which I understand to be the meaning of repentance in Christianity.

Designs,

Obviously, I agree people's bodies die.

However, many religions believe in the existence of a "soul" or "spirit" that survives physical death.

That doesn't mean that they claim to hear from them.

People who believe in "soul sleep" can certainly believe in a future resurrection of the body (JWs, for example).

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I'm really surprised no one has stepped forward to defend annihilation of the unrepentant wicked as justice, given that this is what people on this forum taught and believed for years as JWs.

No surprise at all.....because to defend something that makes complete sense and satisfies God's qualities of love, mercy & justice, inevitablely leads to some idiot coming back trying to defend the Hellfire doctine and eternal torment.

You mention unrepentant wicked persons, but we all know that includes anyone who doesn't agree with the fundamentalists Jesus way of thinking. Same thought claims of truth as the WTS.

Think About It

• Ding
    Ding

Think About It,

I gave the example of Hitler and someone whose sins were far less (a thief, for example) both being annihilated.

If there is no conscious punishment after death at all (even temporary), then the murderer of over 6,000,000 people receives the same punishment as a thief.

How does that satisfy justice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit