Can anyone come up with a morally acceptable reason for waiting thousands of years to end wickedness?

by gubberningbody 112 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I can't.

Some bar-bet between Jehovah and Satan balanced against all the evil allowed just doesn't wash.

• moshe
    moshe

The suspense is building! Crowds are waiting, waiting, in rapt attention for the fulfillment of the Messianic promises Jesus made.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It never made sense to me either, until I realized that the Bible's creation story is false. Each of us are the "I AM" and we are co-creators . Everything we do contributes to the Book of Life or as the Hindus call it, the "Akash". Through free will we will eventually return to Oneness with God, where we will find it to be too serene and boring and we'll start the bullshit all over again.

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

Can anyone explain why gambling is forbidden yet God is constantly making deals and bets with the devil?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Ya good question especially in view of this scripture at Proverbs 13:12 [NWT] " Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come."

So we are to be constantly in expectation of that day that keeps just out of everyones reach thats been waiting on it and hoping to see it come to fruition in their lifetime, all the while it is making their heart sick.

If and when that day does come I can see how the latter part of that verse about when it does come it being like a tree of life to the ones that have been desiring it. (But I won't hold my breath on that day coming no time soon. Too many generations have died in expectation of the same thing)

• sspo
    sspo

No, i can't!

Could it be that the bible is just another book written by men as all the other "Holy Books" :)

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

A thousand years is quite a long time for a human, but just a day in the eyes of Jehovah. So while from our point of view we have been suffering in torment for several thousand years, writhing in mental and physical agony, It's really only been less than a week for Jehovah. Problem?? We're just like little moths, of little importance except to ourselves. I'm being sarcastic, but that is how many people reason this stupidity in order to make it make some kind of sense.

My main problem is this. The "challenge" made by Satan was that people would not serve Jehovah if their life was hard. Jehovah said "Bet!" So, what the Watchtower is saying is that because currently much less than one percent of the population of Earth is serving Jehovah, that somehow this makes God a winner? What kind of math is that? It appears that not only has Satan won, but it was a beat down of Biblical proportions. Can we just declare him winner and move on?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It is somewhat morally irresponsible to wait on the premise set on ancient mythology which was actually created out of primitive human ignorance.

• sir82
    sir82

God is waiting for the Cubs to win the World Series?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The longer "Jehovah waits", the more Asian people he gets to either (1) slaughter or (2) roast in Hell.

Multiple conclusions can be drawn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit